Thread: Mack Wilson Tearing It Up in CLE

Legend

User Info Menu

Mack Wilson Tearing It Up in CLE

Two INTs in the first preseason game, and reportedly had 3 INTS in practice the day before.

Too much Browns hype? Success in 1st preseason game wonít slow it
    Tim Benz
    TIM BENZ | Friday, August 9, 2019 8:25 a.m.

If you are someone who thinks all the Browns hype has been too much, bad news.

Itís not going to slow down after their first preseason game.

Cleveland looked sharp beating the Redskins, 30-10. Baker Mayfield was 5 for 6 for 77 yards and a touchdown to Rashard Higgins.

Higgins ended up with 98 yards on five catches. Mack Wilson had two catches, too. Hereís the thing: Heís a linebacker. One of his interceptions went back for a touchdown. Yeah. The Alabama rookie had two picks. He was viewed by some to be the most talented inside linebacker in the draft after Devin Bush and Devin White. Those two will be on the same field Friday when the Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers face off at Heinz Field.

Wilson was always deemed to have great athleticism. But the question was whether he could put all the pieces together in games. So far, it appears he can. According to the television play-by-play, Wilson also had three interceptions during the last four days of practice. Highly touted cornerback Greedy Williams grabbed a pick, too. Then there was the punt return touchdown from Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi. Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi returns a punt 86 yards for a TD ó and the whole bench clears to celebrate
    The reason the whole bench emptied on that one? Thatís the kid who made the team after spending his last $200 on NFL combine training, so he slept outside of the facility on a patch of grass.

Even if you hate the Browns ó and, of course, you should ó itís a pretty good story.

<span style="color:#40e0d0;">https://triblive.com/sports/too-much...-wont-slow-it/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the browns are loaded and mayfield has it, whatever it is. you know it when you see it

they are going to control the division when ben hangs it up and maybe sooner

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the browns are loaded and mayfield has it, whatever it is. you know it when you see it

they are going to control the division when ben hangs it up and maybe sooner
    I like Mayfield; I liked him coming out of college. I knew he was legit. Now I don’t know about that coach thou....
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.