Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers Vs Buccaneers Winners & Losers

Legend

User Info Menu

Dam freaking Brian Allen is always injured...wtf??
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I disagree with the assessment of Layne. Even though he looked raw and inexperienced, I thought he looked like he belonged in the NFL and that he has potential. He was second on the team in tackles. I don't think any of the younger CBs looked as good as him, and I am curious why Artie Burns didn't play.

Marcus Allen does need to step it up, if he wants to make the team.

I thought Gentry looked good catching the ball.

Benny Snell was a little disappointing and right now, I disagree with fans who claim he is better than James Conner and should take the starting spot.
    Conner has more moves than Snell. Snell is powerful but very straightliness. Conner and Snell also might have similar 40 times but I think Conner is quicker off the mark.
    I think eventually Snell will get it going, but Samuels was a more effective running back last night.
    Samuels looks like the guy who needs the rock behind Conner.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Snell is an unproven rookie, Conner is a proven All-Pro.
    Conner is a pro bowler. Nuff said.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to throw out some props to Isaiah Buggs. He seemed to be very disruptive on the inside and did have a fumble recovery.

Legend

User Info Menu

and I am curious why Artie Burns didn't play.

Just Like Ben......dont want play veteran “stars” in every meaningless preseason game.
    Imagine the regret at Burns having a seasons ending injury last night......there goes our Super Bowl hopes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Dam freaking Brian Allen is always injured...wtf??
    Imagine if that were Burns!!!!

THIS is why you save Artie.....for the games that count.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Imagine if that were Burns!!!!

THIS is why you save Artie.....for the games that count.
    You killing me Cap! LOL

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

I disagree with the assessment of Layne. Even though he looked raw and inexperienced, I thought he looked like he belonged in the NFL and that he has potential. He was second on the team in tackles.
    on 9 targets his way Layne allowed 8 receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown where he completely whiffed on the tackle...

Legend

User Info Menu

Louis Riddick
    Verified account
    @LRiddickESPN

#Steelers rookie LB Devin Bush Jr’s first preseason game was just about perfect. Seriously. The tape is ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN?ref...0%2599%2Fpage2

Legend

User Info Menu

Preseason Week 1 missed tackles — 9

Justin Layne – 2
    Mark Barron – 1
    Tyson Alualu – 1
    Ola Adeniyi – 1 (missed sack)
    Greg Gilmore – 1
    Terrell Edmunds – 1
    Jordan Dangerfield – 1
    Dravon Askew-Henry – 1