Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Brown staying away from Raiders because he can't wear helmet

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Brown is a trail-blazer in helmet rights.
    Perhaps he will kneel for the National Anthem to protest violation of his rights and NFL injustice

Legend

User Info Menu

One of the best trades we ever made. Top 3 all time.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    One of the best trades we ever made. Top 3 all time.
    I still think it was a bad trade in that it made the team worse and not better.

I think we should have kept him if all we could have gotten out of him was the equivalent of a 2nd round pick. I also think he would be less of a **** show with us if we squashed his tantrum over the summer (and Tomlin and company have shown they could manage AB at a reasonable level for the most part).

I also think that we needed to be all in on not screwing up our cap situation at the end of Ben's career.

But, this is all from the outside and I don't really know how bad he was in the locker room.

I mostly think AB's helmet stuff is a diversion from his feet, but his recent antics make me think that the trade (while still a net negative) wasn't as bad as I originally thought.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

I think we should have kept him if all we could have gotten out of him was the equivalent of a 2nd round pick. I also think he would be less of a **** show with us if we squashed his tantrum over the summer (and Tomlin and company have shown they could manage AB at a reasonable level for the most part).

I also think that we needed to be all in on not screwing up our cap situation at the end of Ben's career.

But, this is all from the outside and I don't really know how bad he was in the locker room.

I mostly think AB's helmet stuff is a diversion from his feet, but his recent antics make me think that the trade (while still a net negative) wasn't as bad as I originally thought.
    Disagree, completely. Once he was willing to continue trashing Ben publicly and not practice before a playoff game (and it's been reported that he may have intentionally run wrong routes to punish the team), it would have been next to impossible to repair that relationship. AB has far too big an ego for that to have ever been ironed out. He wore out his welcome.

I'm very thankful he's gone. We are better without that cancer on the team, even if that cancer is an incredibly talented athlete with HOF credentials.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Sharpe blamed Ben for the whole ACB trade fiasco. Now he dumping on ACB? Please...
    I think Shannon Sharpe actually posts on this forum..
    Can you guess what his name might be? LMAO
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Even if we somehow were able to disregard any potential salary cap implications, would you be willing to trade away Diontae Johnson and Zach Gentry to bring back Antonio Brown today?

I sure wouldn't. Also consider that the extra draft ammo that Colbert got in the AB trade made him feel more willing to step outside his comfort zone and trade up to draft Devin Bush in the top 10. If we still had AB, we might not have Bush.

Sure, AB's got all the talent in the world, but I think our TEAM is better today with him and his frozen feet and old leather helmet in Napa Valley.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I think Shannon Sharpe actually posts on this forum..
    Can you guess what his name might be? LMAO
    I can't believe that Shannon Sharpe has his own TV show, and with Skip Bayless of all people. I can't think of two people I would l enjoy watching less than that particular pair. Well, now that I think about it, maybe they could add Mark Madden and Colin Cowherd to create the Mount Rushmore of Awful Sports Talk.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I can't believe that Shannon Sharpe has his own TV show, and with Skip Bayless of all people. I can't think of two people I would l enjoy watching less than that particular pair. Well, now that I think about it, maybe they could add Mark Madden and Colin Cowherd to create the Mount Rushmore of Awful Sports Talk.
    Throw in Florio and we would have 5 of the worst all-time sportscasters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Brown is a trail-blazer in helmet rights.
    NHA
    National Helmets Association?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    NHA
    National Helmets Association?
    Motorcycle Ben has NEVER supported Helmets.....thus the deep seated political clash between these two.