Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Brown staying away from Raiders because he can't wear helmet

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I heard AB is in a new helmet at practice while waiting on the next hearing on Friday.

Someone suggested this was a distraction from his feet. I think they may have been right.

Will be interesting to see how he starts the season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I heard AB is in a new helmet at practice while waiting on the next hearing on Friday.

Someone suggested this was a distraction from his feet. I think they may have been right.

Will be interesting to see how he starts the season.
    If so, why the need to distract from his feet? He was injured and the Raiders backed him by saying that it was something that happened TO him and not his fault. So, if he's injured, why hide the injury with stupid helmet drama, making himself look like more of an idiot and pissing off his coach and owner?

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking of the Raiders owner, he should also be banned from wearing his helmet of hair. That's WAY more than 10 years old and can no longer be certified by anyone. Hard to believe this goober is Al Davis' kid.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    If so, why the need to distract from his feet? He was injured and the Raiders backed him by saying that it was something that happened TO him and not his fault. So, if he's injured, why hide the injury with stupid helmet drama, making himself look like more of an idiot and pissing off his coach and owner?
    I thought the same thing. My theory is it’s his fault his feet are like this and instead of getting a million and one questions about his feet he distracted people.

Plus the feet are his bread and butter. Do you really want to admit your feet may never be the same and it could impact the rest of your career?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I thought the same thing. My theory is itís his fault his feet are like this and instead of getting a million and one questions about his feet he distracted people.

Plus the feet are his bread and butter. Do you really want to admit your feet may never be the same and it could impact the rest of your career?
    I guess that's possible and he's hoping that the helmet distraction will give him enough time to figure out if he still has feet. Still, an odd tactic. But, he's an odd dude.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bob Glauber Retweeted Newsday Sports

Le'Veon Bell on Antonio Brown: "I understand where heís coming from, but at the same time, itís a rule, so you have to change the helmet ... Him fighting for it, him not showing up for practice, I donít really agree with that.Ē

https://twitter.com/BobGlauber?ref_s...-in-or-all-out