Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 126

Thread: Brown staying away from Raiders because he can't wear helmet

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Drew Brees Weighs In With OG Advice Over Antonio Brown Helmet Saga

    By Alexander Cole
    August 16, 2019

    Antonio Brown made headlines this past week thanks to his helmet grievance with the NFL which was eventually dismissed by an arbitrator. Brown will now have to wear the helmet the league gives him which will certainly take some adjusting. The ruling is good news for Oakland Raiders fans who just want the wide receiver to focus on football. Brown's peers have been asked to comment on the situation in an interview with Amie Just of The New Orleans Advocate, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees had some advice for his fellow players.

    “Worry about things you can control,” Brees said. “I didn’t really control that one, right? They were outlawing it. They scan your head and they do all this fancy stuff. And I figure if it’s if it’s going to help protect me a little bit more then that’s probably a good thing.”

    Brees went on to talk about how he was considering changing helmets a few years ago, except he ended up deciding against it because he was being roasted by teammates, particularly Lance Moore.

    “He’s like, ‘Bro, I cannot take you seriously wearing that helmet. I just can’t. I can’t even process the play you just said. I can’t look at you the same,’” Brees explained. “So I was like, ‘Agh, forget the stupid helmet. You know, go back to my old school one.’ Rocked it for four more years.”

    Perhaps other NFL players should listen to Brees as he's one of the OGs in the league who always has some sound advice to dish out.

    https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/drew-br...ews.88454.html

  2. #72
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Drew Brees Weighs In With OG Advice Over Antonio Brown Helmet Saga

    By Alexander Cole
    August 16, 2019

    Antonio Brown made headlines this past week thanks to his helmet grievance with the NFL which was eventually dismissed by an arbitrator. Brown will now have to wear the helmet the league gives him which will certainly take some adjusting. The ruling is good news for Oakland Raiders fans who just want the wide receiver to focus on football. Brown's peers have been asked to comment on the situation in an interview with Amie Just of The New Orleans Advocate, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees had some advice for his fellow players.

    “Worry about things you can control,” Brees said. “I didn’t really control that one, right? They were outlawing it. They scan your head and they do all this fancy stuff. And I figure if it’s if it’s going to help protect me a little bit more then that’s probably a good thing.”

    Brees went on to talk about how he was considering changing helmets a few years ago, except he ended up deciding against it because he was being roasted by teammates, particularly Lance Moore.

    “He’s like, ‘Bro, I cannot take you seriously wearing that helmet. I just can’t. I can’t even process the play you just said. I can’t look at you the same,’” Brees explained. “So I was like, ‘Agh, forget the stupid helmet. You know, go back to my old school one.’ Rocked it for four more years.”

    Perhaps other NFL players should listen to Brees as he's one of the OGs in the league who always has some sound advice to dish out.

    https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/drew-br...ews.88454.html
    Drew Brees: Ownership Mentality.

  3. #73
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Brees kept the same helmet because a player on his team made fun of him?

  4. #74
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Brees kept the same helmet because a player on his team made fun of him?
    Peer pressure sucks

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  5. #75
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Brees kept the same helmet because a player on his team made fun of him?
    I was thinking the same thing. A high profile QB caves to peer pressure? You’d think Brees would laugh at him and lead by example. Odd.

  6. #76
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. A high profile QB caves to peer pressure? You’d think Brees would laugh at him and lead by example. Odd.
    I guess he didn’t really want to change but the headline is misleading.

    Not sure you an OG when you cave to peer pressure.

  7. #77
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Brees kept the same helmet because a player on his team made fun of him?
    Got me confused too. How is this "OG" advice for Brown?

    Dude acts like a teenager who caves to her friends opinions.

    OG= "obliging girl"

  8. #78
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Drew Brees: Ownership Mentality.
    Uh,,ACB hasn't learned; the helmet he was practicing with just failed the test. Probably an old helmet he was trying to sneek through and didn't work??

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-worn-in-2019/
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  9. #79
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Uh,,ACB hasn't learned; the helmet he was practicing with just failed the test. Probably an old helmet he was trying to sneek through and didn't work??

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-worn-in-2019/
    So how many days will AB pout about this? I, for one, don’t care. The guy is literally poison to any organization.

  10. #80
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Raiders GM: Time for AB to be 'all-in, or all-out'

    NAPA, Calif. -- Antonio Brown left training camp again Sunday, and while Mike Mayock said it was over the receiver's anger from being denied use of his helmet, the Oakland Raiders' general manager also issued an ultimatum to Brown.

    "You all know that AB is not here today, right?" Mayock told a group of beat reporters as practice began Sunday afternoon. "So, here's the bottom line -- he's upset about the helmet issue. We have supported that, we appreciate that. But at this point, we've pretty much exhausted all avenues of relief.

    "So, from our perspective, it's time for him to be all-in, or all-out, OK? So, we're hoping he's back soon. We've got 89 guys busting their tails, we are really excited about where this franchise is going and we hope AB's going to be a big part of it, starting Week 1 against Denver. End of story. No questions, OK? Just wanted you guys to know where we were. Fair?"

    "Here's the bottom line -- he's upset about the helmet issue. We have supported that, we appreciate that. But at this point, we've pretty much exhausted all avenues of relief. So, from our perspective, it's time for him to be all-in, or all-out, OK? So, we're hoping he's back soon."

    It has been an eventful and somewhat exhausting first Raiders camp for Brown, acquired in a March trade for a third- and a fifth-round draft pick. Because after being a mainstay during the team's offseason program, Brown began camp on the non-football injury list because of frostbite on the soles of his feet after a cryotherapy mishap in France in early July.

    He left camp for two weeks seeking therapy for the feet, which included laser treatments.

    Brown has also been upset with the league not allowing him to wear his Schutt Air Advantage helmet, the only helmet he has worn in his NFL career, because it is older than 10 years and, thus, no longer certified.

    He returned to Napa on Tuesday and traveled with the team to Arizona for Thursday night's exhibition and ran routes and caught passes in pregame warm-ups. The Raiders were excited about Brown's return and after he was a full participant in Saturday morning's walk-through, the team anticipated him practicing fully as soon as Sunday.

    "I'm not talking about it anymore," Raiders coach Jon Gruden said of Brown's helmet after the Arizona game. "It was a legal, certified helmet, you know? Somebody approved it, or he wouldn't have worn it."

    Brown later responded critically to a Pro Football Talk report about his helmet issue with a tweet Saturday, calling out the NFL for "super prejudice."

    In 24 days in Napa, Brown took a hot-air balloon ride at dawn on report day, participated in one pre-practice walk-through on July 28, was limited before leaving early on July 30, took part in pregame warm-ups in Arizona on Thursday and was a full participant in Saturday's morning walk-through.

    The Raiders were supposed to break camp Monday but ended a day early.

    Asked earlier how much Brown changes the offense when he's on the field, Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson said:

    "Significantly. He's one of the top players in the game. Any time you're able to have that kind of talent on the field, he's going to draw the attention of defensive coordinators and players. Just changes really dramatically when you have those type of players."

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ab-all-all-out

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •