Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown staying away from Raiders because he can't wear helmet

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm sure you've all heard Justin Gatlin's comments about his cryogenicly frostbitten feet. And how it took him "months" to recover.

Anyone else think the helmet thing is just a cover and he screwed up his feet so bad he will be out of commission for a long, long time??

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown loses helmet grievance against NFL

August 12, 2019
    by Grey Papke

Antonio Brown is out of luck if he intends to keep wearing his old helmet in NFL games

According to ESPNís Adam Schefter, Brown has lost his grievance against the NFL and will not be permitted to wear his old helmet in games.

Brownís preferred helmet was not made within the last ten years, and subsequently does not meet NFL standards. An arbitrator backed the league, and that canít come as a huge surprise.

Brown threatened to retire if he wasnít allowed to wear the helmet he likes, so the Oakland Raiders wide receiver will now have some decisions to make about his future.

https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...nst-nfl/508787

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown acknowledges arbitrator’s ruling
    By Mike Florio | Aug 12, 2019, 4:56 PM EDT

The arbitrator has spoken, and so has Antonio Brown. It’s just not clear what Brown is saying.

“While I disagree with the arbitrator’s decision, I’m working on getting back to full health and looking forward to rejoining my teammates on the field,” Brown said on Instagram regarding the outcome of the grievance filed regarding the league’s refusal to allow him to wear his helmet of choice. “I’m excited about this season appreciate all the concerns about my feet.”

The “while I disagree” comment seems to be a precursor to a statement accepting the decision, but he never specifically and expressly does that. Acceptance is implied, but there’s a chance that Brown will explore other options before crying “uncle” on this issue.

Some have suggested that Brown’s lingering absence from the Raiders has more to do with his helmet preference than his feet, which reportedly were frozen in a cryotherapy chamber last month. His statement pins the absence squarely on the residual effects of the frostbite.

Until he actually returns, it’s fair to wonder whether something more is going on. Brown reportedly has threatened to retire over the helmet situation. And his legal team has leaked to the media that, if Brown suffers an injury wearing a different helmet, Brown will hold the league liable.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    his legal team has leaked to the media that, if Brown suffers an injury wearing a different helmet, Brown will hold the league liable.
    Could one of you lawyer type clarify something for me? Wouldn’t AB have to prove that he wouldn’t have suffered the same injury with the old helmet? I believe that would be impossible to prove.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Could one of you lawyer type clarify something for me? Wouldn’t AB have to prove that he wouldn’t have suffered the same injury with the old helmet? I believe that would be impossible to prove.
    yes he would and you're right, it would be virtually impossible to prove.

AB and his lawyers bluffed and the NFL called his bluff knowing AB didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

Starter

User Info Menu

The lawyer type could come up with " He hasn't been right since Burfict scrambled his brain, with the helmet he wanted " ...And look how he has been since...

Evidence...

_
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _

That's supposed to be a pile...A pile of evidence

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...rule-loophole/

This may not be over yet.

PFT has confirmed with a source close to the situation that the NFL, the Raiders and Brown’s representatives have been in contact, and that the NFL has approved Brown wearing the helmet model he wants — the Schutt AiR Advantage — if he finds a helmet that fits him and is less than 10 years old.

Schutt stopped making the AiR Advantage in 2011, and Brown’s helmet is more than 10 years old. But there are AiR Advantage helmets out there that are eight or nine years old, and if Brown can find one that fits him properly and is in good condition, the league will let him wear it, the source said.

Right now, the source said, Brown and his representatives have not found an AiR Advantage helmet that is less than 10 years old. But they’re hoping to. Anyone who has one may be able to get a pretty penny from Brown for it.

You may also want to read this.
    https://brobible.com/sports/article/...rown-have-cte/

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...rule-loophole/

This may not be over yet.

PFT has confirmed with a source close to the situation that the NFL, the Raiders and Brown’s representatives have been in contact, and that the NFL has approved Brown wearing the helmet model he wants — the Schutt AiR Advantage — if he finds a helmet that fits him and is less than 10 years old.

Schutt stopped making the AiR Advantage in 2011, and Brown’s helmet is more than 10 years old. But there are AiR Advantage helmets out there that are eight or nine years old, and if Brown can find one that fits him properly and is in good condition, the league will let him wear it, the source said.

Right now, the source said, Brown and his representatives have not found an AiR Advantage helmet that is less than 10 years old. But they’re hoping to. Anyone who has one may be able to get a pretty penny from Brown for it.

You may also want to read this.
    https://brobible.com/sports/article/...rown-have-cte/
    God damnit I knew I shouldn’t have donated mine to goodwill last month..