Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: KeKe Coutee

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Probably a good idea to delete this thread right now.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Probably a good idea to delete this thread right now.
    Lmao. Everyone wants to be a GM as soon as a player gets hurt.

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    IMO, Washington looked FABULOUS last night. Forget about trading him unless somebody makes an offer we can’t refuse. A third wouldn’t do it. Not even close.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 08-10-2019 at 07:53 AM.

  4. #34
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    RobinCole $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

    I wouldn't trade our #2 receiver for a 3rd either.

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Aside from the fact that Washington showed very nicely in a pre-season game, but isn't one year a little soon to give up on a player who they drafted in the second round? Especially considering that the Steelers are recognized as having a supreme eye for WR talent?

  6. #36
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Aside from the fact that Washington showed very nicely in a pre-season game, but isn't one year a little soon to give up on a player who they drafted in the second round? Especially considering that the Steelers are recognized as having a supreme eye for WR talent?
    Absolutely right. AB and Juju took up so many of the targets last year... with AB gone, lets see what Washington can do.. He looks a few steps quicker and a heck of a lot more confident! This will be his breakout year for sure.

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    I agree 100%
    If a team wants 1 or our WRs, they'll just wait for the final cut.
    I also think our OL is deeper with better players. Much better chance for a trade there.
    Exactly, Houston is not going to give up a 3rd round pick to replace Coutee, especially when a bunch of receivers are going to be available real soon.

  8. #38
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Slow it all down just a bit. Coutee is a slot guy and we have a few slot guys Switzer, Rogers n Spencer. Washington up to this point is our Z n the Rook is behind him n with Moncrief behind a bit with his finger injury he is our much needed vet and part of the top 4 as far as our receivers. Jones n Holton not Horton are just getting some extra reps in the last few days of camp. Can someone be interested in guys that they are not sure can perform because they lack reps? We're not getting a pick for them.

    Raining on the parade some but there is a silver lining. Should a Spencer ball in a few games he could make a case for a roster spot n then we MAY have a 3 for 2 type situation on our hands. What would a Rogers or Switzer return? A late selection is not out of the question.

    So it's a long shot but possible. Lets hope we ball out n that type of numbers issue will present itself n I trust a Colbert move if n when the time is right could take place.
    Washington balled out against the bucs. No doubt. But the premise of trading one of 2nd or 3rd string WR's for picks is a solid point. There are definitely some decisions in pecking order that have to be made first but the premise of this thread (doesn't have to necessarily be Washington; it could be Rogers or Switzer) is valid.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  9. #39
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Washington balled out against the bucs. No doubt. But the premise of trading one of 2nd or 3rd string WR's for picks is a solid point. There are definitely some decisions in pecking order that have to be made first but the premise of this thread (doesn't have to necessarily be Washington; it could be Rogers or Switzer) is valid.
    You are not going to get a pick for Switzer or Rodgers, they simply aren't productive enough. There will be a number of guys just like Switzer and Rodgers looking for a job at the end of the preseason that teams can just pick up without having to give up anything.

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    You are not going to get a pick for Switzer or Rodgers, they simply aren't productive enough. There will be a number of guys just like Switzer and Rodgers looking for a job at the end of the preseason that teams can just pick up without having to give up anything.
    For a Switzer or Rogers you'll likely receive what the Steelers gave up for Switzer last year - a 6th or 7th tops.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •