Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KeKe Coutee

Starter

User Info Menu

KeKe Coutee

Blew his knee out for the Texans...If we could get a 3rd round draft pick for Washington, Would you trade him? Would give us 3 3rds next year...

WR's...
    JuJu
    Moncrief
    Johnson
    Switzer
    Jones/ Horton

Still looks good to me... Thoughts?

Banned

User Info Menu

Not sure we could get a 3rd, Washington has yet to prove anything.
    If it happens I would probably keep Diontae Spencer over Jones/Horton.
    We should get a long look at all 3 in tonight's 1st preseason game.

Starter

User Info Menu

Also think this is the year we could make some trades, not saying we have the greatest team ever assembled...But we have great depth at OL and WR...

Hawkins,Banner both playing well...plus WR surplus...Get something for them if possible...

Or maybe a good ole fashioned straight up trade....Say like Washington for a good young safety or OLB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd say keep him. No need to rush trading a player off due to an injury. Can't ever have enough receivers...we've witnessed that with the Steelers
    Rara's WAY TOO EARLY mock v2
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 2- Anfernee Jennings, OLB; Alabama
    Round 3 (Bell comp?)- Tristen Wirfs, OT; Iowa
    Round 4a- Cameron Dantzler, CB; Mississippi State
    Round 4b- Lorenzo Neal, DT; Purdue
    Round 6- Emeka Emezie, WR; NC State
    Round 7- Darnay Holmes, CB; UCLA

Banned

User Info Menu

I agree a trade could be possible, especially an OL with the depth we have there.
    We may have to cut an OL that could be a possible starter for another team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Makes no sense to trade a player we haven’t seen reach his full potential.

Unless Washington is garbage or a cancer this preseason why would we trade him?

and who would give a 3rd for him?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I'd say keep him. No need to rush trading a player off due to an injury. Can't ever have enough receivers...we've witnessed that with the Steelers
    I know but ( hate to bring up Cheats )But they're always doing these trades, usually early in preseason...And getting 12 draft picks every year, which then then bunch to move up... It's always a gamble...But I think it's also a gamble to lose talented players that are going to get scooped up for nothing

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Makes no sense to trade a player we haven’t seen reach his full potential.

Unless Washington is garbage or a cancer this preseason why would we trade him?

and who would give a 3rd for him?
    I bring up Washington, 3rd might be to high, or 4th...Jones or Horton could fetch us a late rounder, If a team gets decimated with injuries

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Blew his knee out for the Texans...If we could get a 3rd round draft pick for Washington, Would you trade him? Would give us 3 3rds next year...

WR's...
    JuJu
    Moncrief
    Johnson
    Switzer
    Jones/ Horton

Still looks good to me... Thoughts?
    I like what your thinking; why not? Why not add an additional draft pick next year when we are going to need to start looking at adding at DE and maybe the OL too. Why all the sacredness of some people to do something like this? Stockpiling picks is how you stay competitive as long as you have a decent GM ..which we do.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I know but ( hate to bring up Cheats )But they're always doing these trades, usually early in preseason...And getting 12 draft picks every year, which then then bunch to move up... It's always a gamble...But I think it's also a gamble to lose talented players that are going to get scooped up for nothing
    Exactly!!!! This is how the cheaters stay competitive. getting so many picks that it doesn't hurt as much when someone doesn't pan out for them because of the number of picks the accumulate.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN