Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KeKe Coutee

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So you'd trade away a 2nd round pick with a ton of potential for a 3rd round pick at a position with only 1 guy who's outside of his rookie contract???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    So you'd trade away a 2nd round pick with a ton of potential for a 3rd round pick at a position with only 1 guy who's outside of his rookie contract???
    I don't know if you've seen the recent reports but Washington is getting beat out by Johnson. And we have a gluttony of WR's so why not recoup a nice draft pick at this point? Our third round pick of this draft is beating our second round pick of last years draft out..it happens. Moving Washington means more reps and quicker development of Johnson throughout the season. And being frozen from movement because of thinking of doom & gloom of injury situations for our WR corps is exactly why the Pats stay ahead of everyone.

We have a deep surplus at WR; we find them pretty easily; so while Washington still has value, we should move him to the Texans as long as we can get a 2nd or 3rd out the deal.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

And the Eagles need a back up QB now..Sudfeld broke his wrist. Is Dobbs available?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

let's see how Washington looks before we cast him off

trade talk seems pretty silly before we have seen what he looks like in the preseason

and I haven't heard all these reports that he is being beat out by Johnson. most of what I have read, he seems to be having a solid if unspectacular camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Would give us 3 3rds next year
    No, it wouldn't.

We already traded away our 2020 third round pick in the package to move up to get Devin Bush at #10 this year.

Plus, we may or may not get a third round comp pick for losing Le'Veon Bell...that has still yet to be determined.

Tevin Jones is essentially just a practice squad quality guy and Johnny Holton would be a DHB-like special teamer more than a contributing WR.

If CFL import Diontae Spencer is proves himself worthy of a roster spot though, I'd rather move Eli Rogers for a depth safety, TE, or late round pick than trading Washington at this point, even for a 3rd rounder.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I haven't heard all these reports that he is being beat out by Johnson
    In other threads, Maniac has posted links to that effect from Rotoworld, which is a site that provides fantasy football advice.

Luckily, Colbert doesn't take personnel suggestions from nerds preparing for their fantasy drafts.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Yes... I'm sure, well I know that Colbert is a lot smarter than me...Not set in stone, just bringing up hypotheticals...sometimes it takes a perfect storm ex:

Pitt: All the young receivers are looking great in camp, Davis injury lingers...With imo, not great depth behind him...

Trading team: A good team, who has a good, young, number 3 Safety but has a couple bad injuries at WR, but still with a good QB and squad

Trade

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I like what your thinking; why not? Why not add an additional draft pick next year when we are going to need to start looking at adding at DE and maybe the OL too. Why all the sacredness of some people to do something like this? Stockpiling picks is how you stay competitive as long as you have a decent GM ..which we do.
    I like the idea of stockpiling picks.

But I think the way the Pats do it is by trading away guys who are about to get paid and have a track record of success. That means that they (i) don't have to get the big jump in salary on the cap, and (ii) get more lottery tickets to replace guys on the cheap.

I don't remember them every trading a 2nd round pick a year after they guy was drafted. I think that's a recipe for getting burned.

Even though our WRs look somewhat deep, we really have JuJu (very good), Montcrief (about average), and a bunch of question marks (Washington, Johnson, ect) or guys who are useful in a pinch but are probably below average (Switzer, Eli, etc). I think there's lots of potential in this group. I think that some of them will pan out. But, I don't think we can really know before hand who is going to succeed. So, I don't want to trade any of the upper tier guys.

FWIW, I think that's the same thing with Dobbs / Rudolph. I don't think either will be a high level QB, but I don't want to trade one away and have it blow up in our faces.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Blew his knee out for the Texans
    Keke Coutee has minor ankle injury

Posted by Charean Williams on August 9, 2019, 12:07 AM EDT

Fortunately for the Texans, receiver Keke Coutee‘s injury looked worse than it was.

Coutee landed awkwardly on a 9-yard catch from quarterback Joe Webb with 13:35 remaining in the second quarter. He was slow to get up and helped off the field by the team’s athletic trainers before eventually being carted into the locker room for further evaluation.

Coutee has a minor ankle injury, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

Coutee tweeted and then deleted, “Y’all can say what y’all want to behind this screen, but y’all never spent a day in my shoes. Minor setback, nothing major!!!”

He played only six games last season because of hamstring issues and made 28 catches for 287 yards and a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/keke-coutee-has-minor-ankle-injury/

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Keke Coutee has minor ankle injury

Posted by Charean Williams on August 9, 2019, 12:07 AM EDT

Fortunately for the Texans, receiver Keke Coutee‘s injury looked worse than it was.

Coutee landed awkwardly on a 9-yard catch from quarterback Joe Webb with 13:35 remaining in the second quarter. He was slow to get up and helped off the field by the team’s athletic trainers before eventually being carted into the locker room for further evaluation.

Coutee has a minor ankle injury, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

Coutee tweeted and then deleted, “Y’all can say what y’all want to behind this screen, but y’all never spent a day in my shoes. Minor setback, nothing major!!!”

He played only six games last season because of hamstring issues and made 28 catches for 287 yards and a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/keke-coutee-has-minor-ankle-injury/
    Thanks Ruth for clarifying...Thought we JUST use our 1st and 3rd this year for Bush also...NFL posted the Coutee video last night and just ASSUMED he was done, just by the gruesome look of the injury...

You set me straight more than my old lady...Not sure I like that