Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke Johnson

Starter

User Info Menu

Duke Johnson

What do you think it would cost...5th? 6th? Would you do that?

Browns probably wouldn't trade him to us but, I think he would be a great 3rd down...Change of pace/ different style than Conner...And even though I think this is a very deep class for once on RB's...It would be one less thing to worryry about draft wise...

Could load up on all Defense other than WR and TE...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

An another note regarding Johnson, is this what so many are afraid of in the fallout of the Antonio Brown saga?

Johnson is a player under contract. The team has upgraded itself and now Duke wants out. Will he now do the AB thing and tweet his way out of Cleveland? I hope not. I'd prefer that he went to management and voiced his concerns so that it could have been handled quietly in house.

As much as I hate that the Steelers were the center of this circus, I'd hate even more if the league turned into a constant barrage of that nonsense, with any player doing the same thing if they wanted to scorch their way out of town.

Legend

User Info Menu

No worries about that at all. Duke is a class guy. After Shazier's injury, Duke's TD celebrations included a prayer and then flashing a "5" and a "0" with his fingers, plus he wore eye black with Shazier's name and number as well. Although they both hail from South Florida originally, they were never teammates in high school, college, or the pros...it was just a touching tribute from one warrior respecting a rival warrior.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I liked the idea of getting Duke, but his cap hits in the future are pretty large, when we have to "resign" Conner. I rather take a RB in the draft ,and who knows, maybe hit a home run with that RB and he supplants Conner as starter, and Conner becomes the change of pace back!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Johnson's got 3 years left and salary of 1.8 in 19 so he is not expensive imho. He would fit for us as 3rd down back ( he blocks better than Samuels ) so in the rotation he's a fit. Doubt Browns want to trade him to us even if say we offered a 6 n someone else offered a 7 he likely goes elsewhere.
    Best case is they release him n we see what happens.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    An another note regarding Johnson, is this what so many are afraid of in the fallout of the Antonio Brown saga?

Johnson is a player under contract. The team has upgraded itself and now Duke wants out. Will he now do the AB thing and tweet his way out of Cleveland? I hope not. I'd prefer that he went to management and voiced his concerns so that it could have been handled quietly in house.

As much as I hate that the Steelers were the center of this circus, I'd hate even more if the league turned into a constant barrage of that nonsense, with any player doing the same thing if they wanted to scorch their way out of town.
    If youre doing it to get out of Cleveland....its pretty understandable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

He wants out because he isn't playing. I'd love to get him for a cheap 6th. He'd be a perfect 3rd back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    He wants out because he isn't playing. I'd love to get him for a cheap 6th. He'd be a perfect 3rd back.
    I know why he is doing it and don't disagree with his desire. I would just hate for him to "douche" his way out of Cleveland the way that AB did here. No issue with him stating he wants out, but if he suddenly starts tweeting, whining, attacking, etc. to create a distraction to the point that the Browns allow him to force his way out then that is not good for the league or its fans. Once with a superstar is an exception, twice (with a merely decent player) is a blueprint. Look for more to start doing it every year if it continues to happen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    If he wants out because he's not playing he won't want to come to Pittsburgh. Our MO is to run the feature back into the ground and Samuels has shown enough to warrant touches too. I just don't think he'd get enough love.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can we sign Morgan Burnett back and then trade them straight up?
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!