Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Haden carted off the practice field

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/08/07/joe-haden-injury-nfl-news-training-camp-2019/stories/201908070115

Sources: Steelers cornerback Joe Haden avoids serious injury

Cornerback Joe Haden had his foot stepped on in team drills and left the practice field, but his injury is not believed to be serious, per multiple sources.
    Haden was injured breaking up a pass on one of the first plays of 11-on-11 Wednesday at Saint Vincent College.
    Haden was not expected to play anyway in the Steelers opening preseason game Friday night against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I always hold my breath during camp and the preseason games. You canít win the division in August but you can lose it due to injuries. Itís the nature of the beast I guess...you gotta hit.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm glad we dodged that bullet.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I always hold my breath during camp and the preseason games. You can’t win the division in August but you can lose it due to injuries. It’s the nature of the beast I guess...you gotta hit.
    Yup. Glad it’s a minor injury but I always laugh when folks say you can protect players from injuries by giving them less snaps.

Any Given Play

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My heart sank when I read that headline. He's a key cog in the works. Thankfully only minor.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Yup. Glad it’s a minor injury but I always laugh when folks say you can protect players from injuries by giving them less snaps.

Any Given Play
    Theres an argument to be made on both sides but you are absolutely correct about the any given play... **** not even a play can screw someone up for a year. Didn’t T Sizzle miss most of a season cause he was playing basketball.

I also remember hearing bout someone slipping in the shower too lol.

Can happen anywhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

Any Given Play
    Sure, you could get hurt any time at all...on snap #1 or snap #999...completely random.

But simple math tells me that you have a greater probability of getting hurt at some point if you play 1000 snaps vs. 100 snaps.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Allen n Layne on the perimeter in first half at least. Sutton has been excellent in camp n not sure he even hits the field for game 1.
    Hasn't Sutton taken over the slot CB position which is why Hilton was getting reps at Safety

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hasn't Sutton taken over the slot CB position which is why Hilton was getting reps at Safety
    I don't know if Sutton "took over" the slot spot but yes,..Hilton was getting reps at safety. I know the goal is more versatility but I think they need to find guys who can play all four spots in the secondary well before you start moving people around to make them versatile.

Everyone wants to morp their defenses like some organizations have done for years. I just want to get 4 guys who know how to play their initial positions well..first! LOL. Baby steps.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN