Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Report: AB Has Frostbitten Feet

Legend

User Info Menu

Adam Schefter
    Verified account
    @AdamSchefter

Antonio Brown believes the new helmet that the rules mandate he wears protrudes out and interferes with his vision as he tries to catch football. The Raiders have been sending Brown other approved helmets to try out but, at this time, he is not interested in wearing any of them.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref...s-camp%2Fpage3

Legend

User Info Menu

Reports are AB finally decided on a new helmet

I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

He’s got his head shoved so far up his butt maybe he could wear it as a helmet

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

By: Andy Nesbitt | August 14, 2019 12:01 am
    It didn’t take long for Antonio Brown to make an appearance on the second episode of Hard Knocks on Tuesday night, as the Raiders WR showed off his injured feet in the opening minutes of the episode.

Brown, whose wildly insane issues with his helmet seem to be over, suffered frostbite on his feet when he didn’t wear the proper socks on his feet when he recently did a round of cryotherapy.

He showed the bottom of his feet to the NFL Films crew and called them “circumcised” as he put them up for the cameras before working out on his own:

NFL Films

@NFLFilms
    Peeling back the curtain on @AB84's peeling feet.#HardsKnocks is streaming now on HBO.
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/ant...RI5eXbfi06Al0M

8:06 PM - Aug 13, 2019

He also explained on the episode how he suffered the injury. Per ProFootballTalk:

“I got out, and I felt my foot burning,” Brown told the NFL Films crew. “I was like, ‘Man, I feel a hot sensation.’ The next like 24 hours it swelled up. It got really big. I couldn’t really walk or put pressure. The doctor came over, drained a little out. Scalpel the next day. Freaking scissors the next day. Just kind of let it leak all out. As everything leaked all out, I was able to put a little pressure. Thankfully, my trainer was working me out in the midst of my freaking. . . I can’t be on my feet.

“Now, it’s just like new skin, I’m just trying to get my feet used to feeling that, but I feel like I’ve just got a . . . big whoopee cushion. You know?”

Well, that doesn’t sound great for the star wide receiver or the Raiders, who expect big things out of him this year.

So yeah, it should be interesting to see how quickly he can get back to being 100 percent.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    He showed the bottom of his feet to the NFL Films crew and called them “circumcised” as he put them up for the cameras before working out on his own
    Maybe I should get my feet circumcised too. I might be faster if I wasn't tripping over my big toe's foreskin all the time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Will Antonio Brown sue over his frostbitten feet?

Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2019

Lost in the shuffle of Raiders receiver Antonio Brown‘s return to practice and his scavenger hunt for a less-than-10-year-old Schutt AiR Advantage with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time are his frostbitten feet. More specifically, how his feet became frostbitten.

Yes, the Raiders and Brown reluctantly have acknowledged that he suffered the injury while inside a cryotherapy chamber last month in France. No, they still haven’t said how it happened.

Via MJ Acosta of NFL.com, agent Drew Rosenhaus said at Raiders camp on Tuesday that “they can’t divulge any information as to the cause of the injury to the player’s feet because legal action against the cryotherapy company involved could be coming in the near future.”

Given that the injury happened in France, that could be a difficult and expensive lawsuit to bring. Even if a claim would be made against the manufacturer of the unit — and even if the unit was made in America — whoever owned and operated it would be a necessary party to the action, which would make France arguably the correct location for filing suit. Also, multiple reports (starting with Chris Simms on PFT Live, who first had the news of the cryotherapy debacle) have indicated that Brown failed to wear proper footwear into the chamber.

This means that Brown potentially has some responsibility for his injuries. Which would complicate any lawsuit that may be brought. Which makes it far less likely that a lawsuit will be filed.

Of course, an actual lawsuit doesn’t have to be filed. Suggesting that someone else may be civilly responsible for the injuries provides convenient cover for the apparent reality that Brown is partially if not totally responsible for the injuries.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...stbitten-feet/