Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: AB Has Frostbitten Feet

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Antonio Brown goes “radio silent” on Raiders

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2019, 12:38 PM EDT

Antonio Brown got what he wanted, and the Raiders should have known what they were getting.

Chase Williams of WPXI, the NBC affiliate in Pittsburgh, has reported that Brown already has gone “radio silent” on the Raiders, as he obtains treatment away from the team on feet that were frostbitten last month in a cryotherapy chamber.

Here’s the specific content of the tweet from Williams: “10 practices into training camp and Antonio Brown has already gone ‘radio silent’ with the Raiders. They have zero clue where he is or what the progress of the foot injury is.”

It’s impossible to know whether this report is accurate, in part because no one connected to the team is publicly saying anything about Brown’s injury. It had seemed that the Raiders were mum in order to avoid making Brown look bad or foolish for freezing his feet; maybe the Raiders are saying nothing because there’s nothing to say, and because they just don’t know what’s going on.

If the report is accurate, folks in Pittsburgh will shed no tears over this development, given the manner in which Brown behaved at the end of his nine-year run with the team. Folks in Oakland will be dismayed by the situation, but they shouldn’t be.

Brown wasn’t punished but rewarded for quitting on his team in Week 17. There’s no reason to think that he learned any lesson from his final days with the Steelers because, at the end of the day, he won.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/report-antonio-brown-goes-radio-silent-on-raiders/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Chestio has now gone " radio silent " ... Didn't think it would be THIS soon..But it is turning out great!

Legend

User Info Menu

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...-frostbite-hh/

ZGENERAL10THGRAF AB out for ‘months’? Olympic gold medalist Gatlin shares his experience
    ByDKPS StaffPosted on August 9, 2019
    ANTONIO BROWN. – MATT SUNDAY / DKPS

Well, this doesn't sound ideal. Antonio Brown suffered a foot injury from a cryotherapy machine. Seriously.

That landed Brown on the non-football-related injury list, and it's reportedly caused tension between the Raiders and him already.

10 practices into training camp and Antonio Brown has already gone “radio silent” with the Raiders. They have zero clue where he is or what the progress of the foot injury is.

The preseason hasn't started yet, and the tension is already high with Brown and his new team.

Now, there's this from Olympic gold medalist sprinter Justin Gatlin.

Speaking with TMZ, Gatlin said he suffered an identical injury to Brown's once after failing to equip himself with the proper footwear in the cryotherapy chamber.

"It was a disaster," Gatlin said. "I had, like, boils and blisters all over my ankles."

Wait, it gets worse.

"He's not going to be able to run those routes properly without healing his feet totally," Gatlin said. "Every day I had to get those blisters popped by hand by a therapist ... It just got really, really bad."

While there's no official timetable for Brown's return and he is currently listed as day-to-day, Gatlin has his doubts that Brown could return within a reasonable amount of time.

"Two things: One, it's Antonio Brown. He's amazing at what he does," Gatlin said. "But at the end of the day, what I sustained, the injuries I sustained from that, it took months — months — of recovery."

The Raiders signed Brown to a three-year, $50.1 million contract that contains $30.1 million in guaranteed money.

If Gatlin's prognosis is correct, the Raiders might just be rethinking everything before the season begins.

Yikes

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...-frostbite-hh/

ZGENERAL10THGRAF AB out for ‘months’? Olympic gold medalist Gatlin shares his experience
    ByDKPS StaffPosted on August 9, 2019
    ANTONIO BROWN. – MATT SUNDAY / DKPS

Well, this doesn't sound ideal. Antonio Brown suffered a foot injury from a cryotherapy machine. Seriously.

That landed Brown on the non-football-related injury list, and it's reportedly caused tension between the Raiders and him already.

10 practices into training camp and Antonio Brown has already gone “radio silent” with the Raiders. They have zero clue where he is or what the progress of the foot injury is.

The preseason hasn't started yet, and the tension is already high with Brown and his new team.

Now, there's this from Olympic gold medalist sprinter Justin Gatlin.

Speaking with TMZ, Gatlin said he suffered an identical injury to Brown's once after failing to equip himself with the proper footwear in the cryotherapy chamber.

"It was a disaster," Gatlin said. "I had, like, boils and blisters all over my ankles."

Wait, it gets worse.

"He's not going to be able to run those routes properly without healing his feet totally," Gatlin said. "Every day I had to get those blisters popped by hand by a therapist ... It just got really, really bad."

While there's no official timetable for Brown's return and he is currently listed as day-to-day, Gatlin has his doubts that Brown could return within a reasonable amount of time.

"Two things: One, it's Antonio Brown. He's amazing at what he does," Gatlin said. "But at the end of the day, what I sustained, the injuries I sustained from that, it took months — months — of recovery."

The Raiders signed Brown to a three-year, $50.1 million contract that contains $30.1 million in guaranteed money.

If Gatlin's prognosis is correct, the Raiders might just be rethinking everything before the season begins.

Yikes
    Lmfao... holy hell. This is comical.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's kinda crazy that in three separate recent trades between the Steelers and Raiders, WR's Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant both went from Pittsburgh to Oakland, and WR Ryan Switzer went from Oakland to Pittsburgh.

Looking at the current status of each player, it's now entirely possible that Ryan Freaking Switzer could be the most impactful WR of that group for the 2019 season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Adam Schefter just announced that the former 84 is staying away from the Raiders because he can't use the helmet he wants. His old helmet has been banned and he is saying the won't play unless he has the old helmet. The old 84 had a hearing with the NFL today and is saying he won't play unless he gets what he wants

Gotta love this. Raiders thought they got over on us with the low ball deal we got, but now it seems we won in all possible ways. Hope they go down in flamees

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like a simple case of cold feet.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Adam Schefter just announced that the former 84 is staying away from the Raiders because he can't use the helmet he wants. His old helmet has been banned and he is saying the won't play unless he has the old helmet. The old 84 had a hearing with the NFL today and is saying he won't play unless he gets what he wants

Gotta love this. Raiders thought they got over on us with the low ball deal we got, but now it seems we won in all possible ways. Hope they go down in flamees
    Did no one tell him that he can't wear a Steelers helmet on the Raiders?

This whole thing is gold.

Maybe he wants them to remove the logo from one side?

per: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...e-to-meetings/
    who report a tweet string from Michael Silver:

5) His continued frustration surrounding the situation has created a buzz among teammates and coaches, one of whom referred to the saga as “honestly the most insane thing I have ever heard. I don’t know why it’s so important to him. It doesn’t make any sense.” ...

Sounds like someone in the Black and Silver has an "ownership mentality".

I originally wasn't really a fan of these AB threads. But this is hilarious.

The helmet he want's to wear has "fallen short in laboratory testing for head-impact severity". With his history of serious brain injury, you'd think he'd be interested in upgrading to a safer bonnet.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/statu...to-meetings%2F

10) When he showed up for the 1st OTA, however, Brown requested his old helmet. After being told he’d have to wear an approved model, witnesses say, the WR loudly voiced his displeasure, complaining QBs such as Brady and Rodgers were not being subjected to the same scrutiny...

11) Shortly thereafter, Brown stormed out of the facility in protest. Later that day, Raiders officials found video footage of Rodgers, during the Green Bay Packers’ OTA session, wearing an approved-model helmet and texted it to Brown...

12) The following day, Brown showed up in Alameda and acted like nothing had happened, accepting the new helmet from an equipment manager without protest and completing the workout...

13) However, sometime in the next couple of weeks, Brown once again tried to take the field with his old helmet, which he had since had repainted with colors approximating—but not completely mimicking—the Raiders’ silver-and-black design...

19) Brown, according to witnesses, typically glances at the screens of several tablets and his smart phone during meetings, distracting himself by engaging in activities which include perusing his bank accounts and “liking” photos on Instagram...

Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 08-09-2019 at 05:21 PM.