Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Impressive camp for Steelers NT Hargrave as contract talks near

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    do you think Tuitt is worth $12 million/year?
    Pop Quiz, hotshot...

    Over the last 4 seasons, which stat line belongs to $12 million dollar man Stephon Tuitt (who Steeler fans seem to appreciate), and which stat line belongs to $9 million dollar man Bud Dupree (who Steeler fans seem to loathe)?

    Player A:
    2018: 45 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 4 passes defensed, 0 interceptions, 0 forced fumbles
    2017: 25 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 0 interceptions, 1 forced fumble
    2016: 37 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 0 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles
    2015: 54 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 1 pass defensed, 1 interception, 0 forced fumbles

    Player B:
    2018: 42 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble
    2017: 40 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 pass defensed, 0 interceptions, 0 forced fumbles
    2016: 24 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 pass defensed, 0 interceptions, 1 forced fumble
    2015: 26 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 pass defensed, 1 interception, 0 forced fumbles
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Hargrave is massively underappreciated and Tuitt is massively overpaid.

    I'm gonna get controversial here:
    I would take Hargrave over "Hampton the Hut" anyday and have no doubt that D would have been just as dominant with Hargrave.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-07-2019 at 11:15 AM.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Hargrave is massively underappreciated and Tuitt is massively overpaid.

    I'm gonna get controversial here:
    I would take Hargrave over "Hampton the Hut" anyday and have no doubt that D would have been just as dominant with Hargrave.
    No controversy dude. Because it's your opinion and we'll never know one way or the other. But I love Hargrave and want to keep him.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Personally, I think both Heyward and Tuitt are overpaid.
    I don't think Heyward is overpaid at all. Four years ago, he signed a 6 year, $59,200,000 contract, including a $12,000,000 signing bonus, $15,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,866,667. Dude's been a Pro Bowl player for us, an unquestioned team leader, and has 20 sacks over the last 2 seasons as a 3-4 DE. That's as solid as it gets.

    Tuitt, on the other hand...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Steelers Free Agent, Javon Hargrave, Signs With Drew Rosenhaus

    By Ross McCorkle
    Posted on February 14, 2020

    In about a month, the new league year will begin and with it the start of 2020 Free Agency. The Pittsburgh Steelers have a few notable names hitting the unrestricted market this year. Among those names is DT Javon Hargrave.

    It was just announced on Twitter that Hargrave has signed with Rosenhaus Sports Representation and Drew Rosenhaus will now serve as his agent.

    Steelers fans should be familiar with this name as he has represented several former and current members of the organization. Most notably, Antonio Brown, who he recently cut ties with following a string of PR nightmares.

    Javon Hargrave saw extra reps this year with Stephon Tuitt going onto the injured reserve after a week 6 victory against the Los Angeles Chargers. This increased opportunity came at just the right time for Hargrave, who is set to get a big pay day in March. While I am sure the Steelers would love to retain him, it does not seem financially feasible. Especially with the Steelers announcing their intentions to retain other big-money free agent, Bud Dupree.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2020/02/st...rew-rosenhaus/

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers Free Agent, Javon Hargrave, Signs With Drew Rosenhaus

    By Ross McCorkle
    Posted on February 14, 2020

    In about a month, the new league year will begin and with it the start of 2020 Free Agency. The Pittsburgh Steelers have a few notable names hitting the unrestricted market this year. Among those names is DT Javon Hargrave.

    It was just announced on Twitter that Hargrave has signed with Rosenhaus Sports Representation and Drew Rosenhaus will now serve as his agent.

    Steelers fans should be familiar with this name as he has represented several former and current members of the organization. Most notably, Antonio Brown, who he recently cut ties with following a string of PR nightmares.

    Javon Hargrave saw extra reps this year with Stephon Tuitt going onto the injured reserve after a week 6 victory against the Los Angeles Chargers. This increased opportunity came at just the right time for Hargrave, who is set to get a big pay day in March. While I am sure the Steelers would love to retain him, it does not seem financially feasible. Especially with the Steelers announcing their intentions to retain other big-money free agent, Bud Dupree.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2020/02/st...rew-rosenhaus/
    It was nice having Hargrave on the team these past few years.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers Free Agent, Javon Hargrave, Signs With Drew Rosenhaus

    By Ross McCorkle
    Posted on February 14, 2020

    In about a month, the new league year will begin and with it the start of 2020 Free Agency. The Pittsburgh Steelers have a few notable names hitting the unrestricted market this year. Among those names is DT Javon Hargrave.

    It was just announced on Twitter that Hargrave has signed with Rosenhaus Sports Representation and Drew Rosenhaus will now serve as his agent.

    Steelers fans should be familiar with this name as he has represented several former and current members of the organization. Most notably, Antonio Brown, who he recently cut ties with following a string of PR nightmares.

    Javon Hargrave saw extra reps this year with Stephon Tuitt going onto the injured reserve after a week 6 victory against the Los Angeles Chargers. This increased opportunity came at just the right time for Hargrave, who is set to get a big pay day in March. While I am sure the Steelers would love to retain him, it does not seem financially feasible. Especially with the Steelers announcing their intentions to retain other big-money free agent, Bud Dupree.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2020/02/st...rew-rosenhaus/
    It was nice having Hargrave on the team these past few years.

    But take heart, we still have Big Dan.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

  8. #18
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    If we were able to re-sign Hargrave and Twitter was healthy, I think Hargrave goes back to a lesser percentage of snaps. Not sure I agree that this should happen, just think it would. I’d love to keep him, but it’s not going to happen. There are a number of run stuffers in picks 100 to the end of the draft that can get 30% of the snaps and get the job done. Every choice has an upside and a downside.

  9. #19
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Twitter? Ah, Tuitt. Hate autocorrect...

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    If we were able to re-sign Hargrave and Twitter was healthy, I think Hargrave goes back to a lesser percentage of snaps. Not sure I agree that this should happen, just think it would. I’d love to keep him, but it’s not going to happen. There are a number of run stuffers in picks 100 to the end of the draft that can get 30% of the snaps and get the job done. Every choice has an upside and a downside.
    Agreed. Tuitt was playing as well as he ever has to start the year and he should be able to return to form. Along with Heyward on the other side, I believe that Alualu kicks over one spot and that is a pretty solid front 3.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •