Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training camp 8/2/19

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDecipher View Post
    A couple points on the corners:

Brian Allen appears to be seriously struggling. I've seen two clips and several other mentions, that involve him getting roasted.

Artie Burns having a decent camp, vs game performance. The offenses aren't typically running complex route/play structures, and that is where Artie really struggles. Meaning at zone reads. He can't flipping identify his responsibility quickly enough, or at all, and gets toasted.
    We have run a bunch of empty and 4 n 5 wide this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Is it just me or prior to the nsupposed greatness of Bud in coverage, have we EVER had a LOLBer who had "coverage" as a strong suit? Most seemed pretty stiff.
    Well I can think of 1 who was excellent in coverage. The guys name is Ham, Jack, #59.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Well I can think of 1 who was excellent in coverage. The guys name is Ham, Jack, #59.
    Chad Brown

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    We have run a bunch of empty and 4 n 5 wide this year.
    Can you tell if they are purposely trying to flood his zone- to force decisions?

If they are, and he's been performing well, that would be great news. Especially for him. To have 3 starting capable boundary corners would be a luxury this team hasn't had in a loooong time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDecipher View Post
    Can you tell if they are purposely trying to flood his zone- to force decisions?

If they are, and he's been performing well, that would be great news. Especially for him. To have 3 starting capable boundary corners would be a luxury this team hasn't had in a loooong time.
    K good question. I'll answer this way ...he has been better in the 1on1's then in 11 on 11. But in team he has been okay and we are running empty a ton including almost all goal line empty. And I had to go back n check some of my notes but he performed better against the verticals then the hooks n drags because we're playing more bail tech then press. So though I would not want him starting, as a back up right now I would say he has shown improvement but we have seen this in camp previously. Improvement in recognizing what's coming at him n closing on plays in the flat. There he is fine. He' hasn't bit on doubles that I recall n when he is in cat he has pressed well n been in hip pocket often enough. We haven't run quarters or cover 3 much n it's there where he has been shaky. Too he has given to much cushion in game situations we've all seen that but here at camp it's been tighter.

This is practice. He's got to be better on Sundays to help us. Lets see him stand out in the pre-season games before we give him a helmet as one of the 53.