Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Michael Thomas gets 5 yr, $100M w/$61M guaranteed

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    pay the QB

it should be pretty obvious by now. Ben has made alot of guys alot of $$ over the years

I've lost count of all the WRs to get paid somewhere else and we still can plug and play receivers
    Exactly. Should be obvious to everybody by now that great QB's for the most part make great WR's.

I
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Exactly. Should be obvious to everybody by now that great QB's for the most part make great WR's.

I
    Exactly why laughed. Thomas is excellent. But damn how can he be worth 20$mill per?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Bwaahhaaaahaaaa

"Those that don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it"

Legend

User Info Menu

I just did the math; $61M guaranteed over 5 yrs at about 120 catches a season is a hair over $100,000 a catch.

... hard to swallow...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

like you would like to move on from Ben and start dobbs or rudolph?

see how this works
    Hell yeah. We havenít won much since we paid Ben a ton.

Save that money, play the young QBís and if they suck we get a high draft pick for a QB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I just did the math; $61M guaranteed over 5 yrs at about 120 catches a season is a hair over $100,000 a catch.

... hard to swallow...
    Now do that for QB’s and TD passes.

Any way you slice it a high paid player is going to make stupid money when you average it out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Hell yeah. We haven’t won much since we paid Ben a ton.

Save that money, play the young QB’s and if they suck we get a high draft pick for a QB.
    this is one of the dumber things I've ever read

see how much we win without Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

this is one of the dumber things I've ever read

see how much we win without Ben
    His hate for Ben knows no rational.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Entertainers of all ilks are over paid. Or maybe they are not? That's the price we place on the value of entertainment.

Thomas is a great player that far out produced his rookie contract. He was an integral part in the Saint's success. Why can't people simply be happy for the man?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Thomas is a great player that far out produced his rookie contract. He was an integral part in the Saint's success. Why can't people simply be happy for the man?
    since I'm not a Saints fan, I'm very happy for him...