One more week

One more week to start of camp

What are you looking forward to most?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

not talking about Le'Veon and AB anymore...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Fail......you just did it.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Fail......you just did it.
    I would reply to your response but I'm not talking about certain unnamed players anymore.

damn it, I just did...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    This.

On the field.

For rookies: how Bush progresses (DJ too).

For sophomores: is Washington better, or is it all talk.

Finally, how does Ben look. Clearly the most important thing. Getting older and had some issues with deep ball accuracy early (maybe part of the reason we the stop many short passes). If he's still great, we've got a chance in any game IMO. Probably won't see much till the regular season though.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 07-19-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

1. Seeing Edmonds (specifically) take the next step on defense
    2. Sorting through this glutiny of players in the secondary and finally settling on our starters
    3. Watching Bush run down guys from sideline to sideline.
    4. Seeing the development of Jaylen Samuels who's lost 20 pounds and should be a better runner then last year.
    5. Seeing guys tackle Snell. LOL
    6. Seeing who wins the starting outside WR position opposite Juju (my money is on Moncrief)

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking forward to seeing what the sudden infusion of speed at the second level of our defense looks like. Devin Bush, Mark Barron, Sutton Smith, Ulysses Gilbert...want to see them all progress in learning our defense so their brains are working as fast as their feet are. When they can just go out and play without being slowed down by overthinking things, our defense should look mighty different.

-----------------------------------------

In the defensive backfield, it will be interesting to see how Steven Nelson fits in opposite Haden, if we see more of the 2017 Mike Hilton than the 2018 Mike Hilton in the slot, and how Edmunds and Davis step up with a year under their belts at SS and FS, respectively. Haden, Hilton, and Davis are all in contract years and have plenty of reasons to be motivated to perform at a top notch level.

At the WR position, it will be interesting to see Donte Moncrief and Diontae Johnson battling it out to be the starting split end opposite Juju, how James Washington has progressed and if he can step up in the flanker spot when Juju moves inside in 3 or 4 WR sets, Eli Rogers and Ryan Switzer battling it out to earn Ben's trust inside, and if CFL import Diontae Spencer can have a Stefon Logan like impact when we brought him down from up north, possibly making one of our more established WR options available in trade.

Finally, the battle to replace Marcus Gilbert at RT will be intriguing. The steady Matt Feiler has filled in rather well for him with all the time he missed due to injury over the last couple of seasons, but the impressive athletic specimen Chuks Okorafor progressed faster as a rookie than most of us expected and might be our long term answer there sooner rather than later.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

NO. 1 PRIORITY--- NO INJURIES!!

... then always look forward to a sleeper emerging. A guy nobody thought would amount to much but takes his opportunity by storm!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    1. Seeing Edmonds (specifically) take the next step on defense
    2. Sorting through this glutiny of players in the secondary and finally settling on our starters
    3. Watching Bush run down guys from sideline to sideline.
    4. Seeing the development of Jaylen Samuels who's lost 20 pounds and should be a better runner then last year.
    5. Seeing guys tackle Snell. LOL
    6. Seeing who wins the starting outside WR position opposite Juju (my money is on Moncrief)
    Not to be the grammar police but I don't believe "glutiny" is a word. If we wuz playin' Scrabble, I would challenge that one.
    I don't see "glutiny" in Websters, but Gluttony is a word but means eat and drink to much. Maybe you mean excess or surplus
    of players in the secondary. If so, I do agree. I want to see if Cam Sutton can make the next step. He is someone I liked
    in the draft for his smarts and technique. He has yet to establish that much but he was injured his rookie season.

I would like to see if Marcus Allen wins a spot. I like his physical nature. Justin Layne as the frame and athletic traits,
    that make him interesting.

I'm just playing with you.

Legend

User Info Menu

I want to see Justin Layne show he has the stuff to be the next great Steelers CB.

I want to see Edmunds become the next Donnie Shell/Carnell Lake (Player not coach)

I want Devin Bush be the best player in the draft as many pundits have said

I want Diontae Johnson to make us forget whoever wore #84 last

I want Steve Nelson to solidify the secondary

I want James Washington to step up as a legit #2

I want Sutton Smith to be the "steal of the draft"

I want Switzer to win over Rogers...may the best player win

I want James Conner to stay healthy and rush for 1300+ yards and outrush whoever had #26 before

I want Gentry to become a special TE in the red zone and establish himself as the #2 by play off time

I want the offensive line to show they are more than Munchak and be the best in the NFL
    Last edited by Oviedo; 07-22-2019 at 10:57 AM.