Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Steelers Training Camp

Backup

User Info Menu

2019 Steelers Training Camp

I am taking my son to training camp on Aug 1-2, planning on catching a normal practice on Thursday and the night practice on Friday. Can anyone explain how Friday Night Lights works? Can I buy tickets ahead of time?

Getting excited!

Thanks

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    I am taking my son to training camp on Aug 1-2, planning on catching a normal practice on Thursday and the night practice on Friday. Can anyone explain how Friday Night Lights works? Can I buy tickets ahead of time?

Getting excited!

Thanks
    Friday Night Lights at Latrobe Memorial Stadium, Friday August 2
    The event runs from 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. outside of Latrobe Memorial Stadium and will include: photo opportunities with the six Lombardi Trophies, free games, food, entertainment and more! Along with the festivities, the team will practice under the lights beginning at 7:00 p.m. with gates opening at 5:00 p.m.
    To attend practice, fans can purchase tickets for $5 at the Latrobe Memorial Stadium ticket office on August 2, or in advance by calling 724-539-4225 ext. 25205.
    Last edited by STH70; 07-17-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    Friday Night Lights at Latrobe Memorial Stadium, Friday August 2
    The event runs from 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. outside of Latrobe Memorial Stadium and will include: photo opportunities with the six Lombardi Trophies, free games, food, entertainment and more! Along with the festivities, the team will practice under the lights beginning at 7:00 p.m. with gates opening at 5:00 p.m.
    To attend practice, fans can purchase tickets for $5 at the Latrobe Memorial Stadium ticket office on August 2, or in advance by calling 724-539-4225 ext. 25205.
    Useful information.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sth70 View Post
    friday night lights at latrobe memorial stadium, friday august 2
    the event runs from 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Outside of latrobe memorial stadium and will include: Photo opportunities with the six lombardi trophies, free games, food, entertainment and more! Along with the festivities, the team will practice under the lights beginning at 7:00 p.m. With gates opening at 5:00 p.m.
    To attend practice, fans can purchase tickets for $5 at the latrobe memorial stadium ticket office on august 2, or in advance by calling 724-539-4225 ext. 25205.
    thank you!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Friday night lights Steelers pose for photos and sign autographs for about 20 minutes interacting with the fans before they do their practice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Joe Haden on Steelers' quiet offseason: Not much to talk about when you don't make the playoffs. Haden has had talks with the team about a contract extension and is optimistic a deal will be reached.

1h

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ramon Foster said the Steelers have enough talent to chase Super Bowl in 2019, wants this year's identity to reflect a team in every way.

1h

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Good quote from Steelers WR Ryan Switzer: There are 170 targets that have been vacated, and I don't expect us to throw the ball less.

32m

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

WR Eli Rogers showed up to Steelers camp in full construction garb.

7m

Legend

User Info Menu

T.J. Watt lands on PUP with hamstring issue
    By Josh Alper | Jul 25, 2019, 5:51 PM EDT

The Texans activated defensive end J.J. Watt from the physically unable to perform list on Thursday and he took part in the team’s first practice of training camp.

His brother probably will not be taking part in the first practice of Steelers camp. Linebacker T.J. Watt experienced some tightness in his hamstring during a conditioning run on Thursday and head coach Mike Tomlin announced he was placed on the PUP list ahead of Friday’s practice.

“He may be on for a very short period of time,” Tomlin said, via the team’s website. “We are evaluating that as we speak. Again, he was able to complete the test, he just expressed some tightness there at the end, so we will do what is appropriate from that stand point.”

While it doesn’t sound like there’s much concern about Watt’s long-term outlook, there’s little reason to push things with a player who is vital to the Pittsburgh defense.