Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hines Ward says you ‘can’t compare’ his stats to AB’s

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I agree with you.

There's lots to say about AB, but he's an exceptional role runner.
    I saw you made a mistake in one of those two words.

Clearly you meant to say "role model".

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward, D’Brickashaw Ferguson working at Jets camp

Posted by Josh Alper on July 24, 2019, 10:04 AM EDT

D’Brickashaw Ferguson is back with the Jets, but not as a left tackle.

The longtime fixture on the team’s offensive line retired after the 2015 season and he’s trying his hand at another role this summer. The Jets announced that Ferguson and his former teammate Calvin Pace are serving as Nunn-Wooten scouting fellows during training camp.

Pace, who also retired after the 2015 season, spent eight seasons with the Jets. Ferguson was a 2006 first-round pick by the Jets and spent his entire career with the team.

Ferguson and Pace used to play against Hines Ward, but the former Steelers wideout is now on their side as one of four Bill Walsh coaching interns. Ward previously interned with the Steelers and worked for the short-lived Alliance of American Football.

Former Jets wideout David Clowney now coaches wide receivers at Howard and joins Ward, Missouri State assistant wide receivers coach Stephen Bravo-Brown and Bowie State head coach Damon Reginald Wilson as interns with the Jets this summer.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/24/hines-ward-dbrickashaw-ferguson-working-at-jets-camp/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I saw you made a mistake in one of those two words.

Clearly you meant to say "role model".
    Route runner.