Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AOD: Which pair of Steelers OLBs was more dominant? Woodley/Harrison or Greene/Lloyd?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    I HOPE there aren’t Steeler fans dumb enough to either blindly attack or accept anyone’s performance based solely on their race.

I think the head coach (Tomlin as well as Cowher) receives way too much criticism when things are bad and not enough praise for a good body of work.
    I also think some fans look for reasons and opportunities to criticize the coach.
    In this thread a comparison of OLBs somehow turns into Tomlin bashing.
    A conversation about dropped INTs turns into Tomlin’s fault. And so on.
    Hahahahaha..what about your constant Tomlin stroking?? Hahahahaha. There wasn't any Tomlin bashing..but if there was, it's not different then your constant Tomlin stroking. And no one gets after you about that; You need to learn to allow opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours. Because I'm not going anywhere and I don't think you are either. So let's allow some civalities around here.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Not at all; again ,..I was trying to point out to the Captain how he uses playoff performance as the ultimate criteria but yet it wasn't being used in regard to Tomlin. I felt it was an inconsistency on his part and he disagreed. We agreed to disagree.
    Oh I am a level of "consistent" that you could only dream of being.

K. Greene/Lloyd Zero SB rings. No relation at all to Tomlin or his record. And tell me Maniac who was their coach?

Harrison/ Woodley....Both 1 SB victory start....same as Tomlin as a head coach. Seems pretty "consistent" to me.

I will give you an AMAZING STATISTIC Maniac.

Would you believe that during that run TOMLIN HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PLAYOFF SUCCESS AS WOODLEY AND HARRISON!

OH WAIT! I forgot Tomlin was THE ONLY COACH THEY HAD DURING THEIR RUN TOGETHER.

Their post season dominance, that you praise is UNDER TOMLIN.

You dismiss Tomlins early success?

How many playoff games did EITHER ONE of these playoff dominators start under Cowher?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-16-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha. There wasn't any Tomlin bashing..
    Listed among "similar words" to the expression "bashing":
    Berate, belittle, disparage, put down, chide, criticize.

Your signature on every post bashes Tomlin as does the need to take shots at him in a wholly unrelated thread.

Just own it and don't be upset when people call you on it.

Heck, I've "bashed" AB and Bell plenty. I've bashed fat Casey and even overrated Pouncey. I don't deny it and can argue my reasons.

OV bashed Harrison and especially Jarvis Jones and Lebeau ADNAUSIUM.

YOU call out people for being Ben haters.....they don't have it in a signature.

My point dude is it is up to you to bash Tomlin all you want. But to do it and pretend it ain't bashing?

Just own it. Why not just say yeah I'm bashing Tomlin and this is why........

Legend

User Info Menu

Cap, my signature is what it is. Look Cap, in this particular line of discussion, there was no “Tomlin bashing” meant; I have no reason to lie to you. If that is what I’d wanted to do, I have more then enough recent facts to do it. I was mearly questioning the consistency of thought process.

As for the cornball crew, thats why they’ve been on ignore because they just look to attack because I don’t stroke Tomlin the way they do.

Am I a Tomlin supporter? No.. but that’s based on recent history. Specifically the playoffs. Do I hope he does well this coming year? Of course! I think if he finally puts together a decent back 7 , we could do something special.

Do I think he WILL put it together? No. I think you are what you are after 12 years as a coach. And I think management feels the same way which is why there’s no extension. And I don’t believe one is coming. I think their going to let this season just play itself out.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

My signature is undeniable fact; which just destroys the cornball (ignore) crew; which is why they follow me from thread to thread.

they'll be here in 5,4,3,2,1...
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 07-16-2019 at 10:02 AM.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Banned

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha..what about your constant Tomlin stroking?? Hahahahaha. There wasn't any Tomlin bashing..but if there was, it's not different then your constant Tomlin stroking. And no one gets after you about that; You need to learn to allow opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours. Because I'm not going anywhere and I don't think you are either. So let's allow some civalities around here.
    Constant Tomlin stroking? I have only mentioned Tomlin 4 or 5 times at the very most since posting here. If a poster mentions Tomlin and isn’t dragging him through the mud, that poster must be stroking him in your opinion.

Meanwhile you use a thread about LBs that haven’t played here in years as a means to bash MT. How convenient.

And you say this:
    “You need to learn to allow opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours.”

You Sir, need to learn to practice what you preach.

I think Captain Lemming has summed it all up quite precisely. Just own it.

Legend

User Info Menu

See Cap?? hahahahahaha

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Civalities?

What are those????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Listed among "similar words" to the expression "bashing":
    Berate, belittle, disparage, put down, chide, criticize
    Captain, thank you for purchasing the non-sexual thesaurus.

Could you also please suggest a few synonyms for "supporting" that Maniac might use instead of constantly opting to include imagery such as "stroking" or "ball washing." Thanks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    Constant Tomlin stroking? I have only mentioned Tomlin 4 or 5 times at the very most since posting here. If a poster mentions Tomlin and isn’t dragging him through the mud, that poster must be stroking him in your opinion.

Meanwhile you use a thread about LBs that haven’t played here in years as a means to bash MT. How convenient.

And you say this:
    “You need to learn to allow opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours.”

You Sir, need to learn to practice what you preach.

I think Captain Lemming has summed it all up quite precisely. Just own it.
    He’s a dishonest poster.

Anytime you point out a lie, mistake or just misinformation he puts the person on ignore.

He has been wrong so often it’s comical.

What’s sad is thinking people who are fans of the team who show up to post here are somehow the blind worshippers.

It’s like going to a concert and bashing the people who show up to see the band. How can you cheer for these losers when they have the same manager?
    Last edited by Oh wow; 07-16-2019 at 10:40 AM.