Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sack Analytics Guru

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Sack Analytics Guru

According to the Depot, and confirmed by Kassim himself.

Well, that was shortlived.

Tomlin and his gut win out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No need to employ an advisor the coach never listens to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Well, that was shortlived.
    Karim Kassam has been the Steelers' Analytics & Football Research Coordinator since 2015.

He's apparently now taken a data science job outside of football.

He is being replaced by a new Analytics & Football Research Coordinator named Jay Whitmire.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No need to employ an advisor the coach never listens to.
    yup, Tomlin doesn’t need to have validation for things he already knows...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Karim Kassam has been the Steelers' Analytics & Football Research Coordinator since 2015.

He is being replaced by a new Analytics & Football Research Coordinator named Jay Whitmire.
    Sweet, let’s go Jay Whitmire!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

So we actually haven't gotten rid of an analytics guy on staff? My, my how the piranhas swarm when they smell a chance to criticize

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So we actually haven't gotten rid of an analytics guy on staff? My, my how the piranhas swarm when they smell a chance to criticize
    I love it when folks tell on themselves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    More correctly, Whitmire was already working with Kassim. So they had two on staff and are down to one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wait. So we had 2 guys on staff since 2015 yet folks been bashing us for not having anyone on staff because Tomlin was arrogant and trusted his gut?

Legend

User Info Menu

You can't dispute Tomlin's attitude towards analytics:

""I got a lot of respect for analytics and numbers, but I'm not going to make judgments based on those numbers. The game is the game. It's an emotional one played by emotional and driven men. That's an element of the game you can't measure. Often times decisions such as that weight heavily into the equation." - Mike Tomlin