Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Browns Drama

Legend

User Info Menu

Baker Mayfield wanted “revenge” against Hue Jackson

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 17, 2019

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was critical of his former coach, Hue Jackson, for going to the division rival Bengals after getting fired by the Browns. With some time to reflect on that this offseason, Mayfield says he hasn’t changed his opinion.

Mayfield told ESPN that beating the Bengals was a highlight of his rookie season, in part because Jackson was on the opposing sideline.

“I’m not gonna lie to you and say that the first time I played Hue did not feel good. It’s human nature to want to get revenge,” Mayfield said.

In fairness to Jackson, it wasn’t his choice to leave the Browns, and once they fired him, it wasn’t unreasonable for him to look for work elsewhere. But Mayfield called Jackson “fake” at the time and still thinks that.

“I said what I meant,” Mayfield said. “Don’t stand up in front of us the week before and try to tell us you’re doing everything for us, then go take a job with a team we play twice a year. It was one of those honesty and respect things.”

Mayfield is honest about the fact that he doesn’t respect his former coach’s decision to coach against the Browns last year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-hue-jackson/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Baker sounds like an idiot. It’s business. Once you get fired you try to get hired anywhere you can to stay in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he quit your team and signed with a rival (like Belichick and the Jets back in the day), then maybe you'd have a beef.

But he was fired. Once a team fires you, all professions of loyalty go out the window.

If the Browns eventually cut Baker at some point in the future, is he not supposed to sign with a rival organization out of loyalty to the organization that just gave him his walking papers? That's dumb.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I generally don't pay attention to any other teams, their games, records or whatever drama is happening. Unless of course they affect the Steelers in the division, conference, playoff seeding, etc.

But... this season I will thoroughly enjoy watching the implosions that will be occurring in Oakland, Cleveland and New York (Jets obviously)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If he quit your team and signed with a rival (like Belichick and the Jets back in the day), then maybe you'd have a beef.

But he was fired. Once a team fires you, all professions of loyalty go out the window.

If the Browns eventually cut Baker at some point in the future, is he not supposed to sign with a rival organization out of loyalty to the organization that just gave him his walking papers? That's dumb.
    Baker's got some growing up to do. That said, he's a dangerous opponent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Baker's got some growing up to do. That said, he's a dangerous opponent.
    BM is a brash young kid. A trait that could be great for an NFL QB, but can also go quickly south if things don't go as planned.

AFC North has some interesting storylines this season... I predict sparks will fly on message boards...including this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's odd that only divisional opponent that Cleveland plays through 10 weeks of the 2019 NFL season is Baltimore in week 4.

Their other 5 AFC North games are in mid-November or later.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Former Cleveland GM on Joe Haden Exension 'I would play it out'

GREG FINLEY
    JULY 18, 2019

Radio.com NFL Insider and former Browns GM Michael Lombardi talked about the possibility of the Steelers extending Joe Haden.

“I think one thing the Steelers and Patriots have proven are they’re not afraid to let guys play it out and see where it goes. I’m gonna play it out,” said Lombardi.

The Steelers have their culture back and have their team back according to Lombardi.

“I don’t think there’s a better motivator in life than to prove people wrong. If the Browns become the favorite team I think the Steelers say you know what guys? We have won 57 games in the last 5 years we are only second to the Patriots with 74. I think they are going to be really good.”

Lombardi believes the Browns will break down in the final 5 minutes of games during the NFL season because “you gotta go from good to great. You just don’t go from bad to great in one year.”

Better Chance Le’Veon Bell helps the Jets or Antonio Brown helps the Raiders?

Lombardi discussed how Bell will have to play behind a bad offensive line which will not be good for his run game and so he gives the edge to Antonio Brown.

Lombardi had one answer to who will have the better season, Roethlisberger or Mayfield?

“Ben Roethlisberger.”

Listen to the whole interview down below:

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...ld-play-it-out

Legend

User Info Menu

"Browns Drama"? Really people?

HE AINT ON THE TEAM, dont care about his "drama".
    If I hear one more comment about Anto.....wait.........you guys are talking the Turd Brown TEAM....not the "turd" named Brown?

NEVERMIND.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-18-2019 at 06:41 PM.