Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Browns Drama

Legend

User Info Menu

Cleveland head coach Freddie Kitchens, talking about Gerald McCoy choosing to sign with the Panthers instead of the Browns:

"We want people that want to be here. We want people that want to be here for the right reasons. Gerald made the best decision that he felt was best for him and his family. I wish Gerald nothing but the best. If there is any reservation at all, we do not want anybody to be here. We do not want any reservation about trying to convince someone to come here. What we are about to do, it is not for everybody. What we are going to attempt to do is not for everybody. It is going to take a lot of hard work and then we will see where we are at. That is all."

Cleveland head coach Freddie Kitchens, talking about Duke Johnson's trade request:

“He wants to be traded, you know. I want to win the lottery, all right? So it doesn’t matter. He’s a Cleveland Brown. He’s under contract. He’s going to be used to the best of his ability and what benefits the team. And that’s what we’re going with.”
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Cleveland head coach Freddie Kitchens, talking about Gerald McCoy choosing to sign with the Panthers instead of the Browns:

"We want people that want to be here. We want people that want to be here for the right reasons. Gerald made the best decision that he felt was best for him and his family. I wish Gerald nothing but the best. If there is any reservation at all, we do not want anybody to be here. We do not want any reservation about trying to convince someone to come here. What we are about to do, it is not for everybody. What we are going to attempt to do is not for everybody. It is going to take a lot of hard work and then we will see where we are at. That is all."

Cleveland head coach Freddie Kitchens, talking about Duke Johnson's trade request:

“He wants to be traded, you know. I want to win the lottery, all right? So it doesn’t matter. He’s a Cleveland Brown. He’s under contract. He’s going to be used to the best of his ability and what benefits the team. And that’s what we’re going with.”
    I love the following in your sig:

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I love the following in your sig:

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus
    Yeah, buddy. Let them worry about Pro Bowls. We are focused on Super Bowls.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

kitchens seems to have a big mouth for a guy who was a running backs coach this time last year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Given Kareem Hunt's eight-game suspension to start the season, it makes sense for the Brownies to hold on to Johnson as depth behind Nick Chubb.
    Totally; I think hell be happier as hes used often at the beginning of the season
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    kitchens seems to have a big mouth for a guy who was a running backs coach this time last year
    Well , it’s almost time to see what he has as a head coach. Honeymoon period is about to be over.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the Browns messed up when they gave Kitchens the job. Not sure why they didn’t keep him at OC and keep the other guy at HC since they had positive results.

But it’s the Browns. Hopefully they screwed up a good thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Duke Johnson is a class guy. After Shazier's injury, whenever Duke scored, his TD celebration would be a prayer and flashing the numbers "5" and "0" as a tribute to a guy he had no prior connection to, other than being a competitor on a rival team.

I don't think Duke is afraid of competition. He didn't make waves last offseason when they signed local OSU alum Carlos Hyde and then used an early draft pick on Nick Chubb.

His trade request happened immediately after the Browns signed Kareem Hunt. Folks assumed the trade request was made because his playing time would be severely reduced if he had to compete for snaps with both Chubb and Hunt in the same backfield.

Maybe he's making the trade request because he doesn't want to be affiliated with a team who has no issue signing a guy who was caught on video shoving a woman to the ground and kicking her while she was on the floor.

Could be...who knows...

Legend

User Info Menu

He wants to be traded, you know. I want to win the lottery, all right? So it doesnt matter. Hes a Cleveland Brown. Hes under contract. Hes going to be used to the best of his ability and what benefits the team. And thats what were going with.
    Those that are the best at talking out of both ends of their mouth are the guys destined to be at the top of most organizations.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe he's making the trade request because he doesn't want to be affiliated with a team who has no issue signing a guy who was caught on video shoving a woman to the ground and kicking her while she was on the floor.

Could be...who knows...
    especially when that guy will be taking playing time from you...