Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Artie Burns’ time in Pittsburgh coming to an end?

Legend

User Info Menu

Burns is fighting some long odds. Steelers are preparing his exit papers... short time before the ink is dry.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont have much faith in Cam Sutton either at this point...
    Makes sense to throw everything at Burns and see if his head is right.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I dont have much faith in Cam Sutton either at this point...
    Makes sense to throw everything at Burns and see if his head is right.
    dead weight still to be jettisoned once we get thru all the experiments back there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’d pay him his $800k and see what he does in training camp and the preseason. I think it’s a low cost gamble on a highly valuable position on a kid that’s young, has faced some adversity in life, and still has a ton of upside.

In complete fairness, I really only think we know for sure what we have in Haden and Hilton. But long term, Burns, Allen, and Layne could be the best 3 CBs on the roster. Probably not, but they all have insane potential. Especially Burns.

And in fairness, we’d all still probably like Burns upside if he wasn’t a first rounder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed Flippy. I hope we keep him around to see if he can turn the corner this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I still say we trade him to the Raiders straight up for safety Karl Joseph (probably right before Burns' $800K roster bonus when training camp opens). Both of their 5th year options were declined, so they are not long for their current teams, especially after we signed CB Steven Nelson to a big money free agent deal then used an early pick on CB Justin Layne, while they signed S LaMarcus Joyner to a big money free agent deal then used an early pick on S Johnathan Abram. We need some safety depth after not drafting any this year, and they tend to like CB prospects who have backgrounds as track athletes as well. We obviously are comfortable trading with Oakland now, since we've made 3 separate trades with them within the last year or so (Martavis Bryant trade, Ryan Switzer trade, and Antonio Brown trade).
    Hell yes! Bring in Karl Joseph for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't remember now which game it was but Burns' zone coverage, or more correctly non-coverage, in the endzone was disturbing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It’s odd to see someone fall this far.

He is like Cortez Allen. Just lost all confidence.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think we'll cut him this year.

I can't remember the last time we cut a 1st round pick before his contact was up. I don't think we'll start now.

He's shown that he can play (low end starter), and that's worth something if someone gets hurt.

I think we keep him this year unless someone shows they can play and we can trade him.

Otherwise, I think we hold onto him this year and let him walk when his contract is up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Can't remember now which game it was but Burns' zone coverage, or more correctly non-coverage, in the endzone was disturbing.
    IIRC it was vs. the Benglas