Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optimism Surrounding OLB Position With Young Guys Adeniyi And Smith

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dave Bryan usually knows his stuff n does his homework. How he did not know Smith did play special teams , blocked a punt against Toledo n took it to the house, he is better then that. Smith will get every opportunity with Danny Smith's group to excel. No reason to believe he won't be a solid special teamer. He'll become a fan favorite if he can bend the arc make a few sacks on 2nd n long or 3rd n long. That is where we'll see just what we have in this rook.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds like a clone of Chickilo to me, except Chickilo isn't a local kid
    Almost got the hair too.
    Nothing a little bleach cant fix and we already have the next K. Greene, or Matthews.

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps we should sign this guy to be "the next Kevin Greene".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Perhaps we should sign this guy to be "the next Kevin Greene".

I dunno, man...in the last movie, his physique more resembled the next Casey Hampton (with a Keisel beard)...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

Sutton Smith came flying off the left edge to pressure Rudolph. Forced overthrow, nearly picked by Brian Allen. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Legend

User Info Menu

It all sounds good.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Blitzburgh
    @Steel_Curtain4

Ola won Backs on Backers today 7-1 and some think he was 8-0 according to some Journalists. 👀 #Steelers

28 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4/s...-with-Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Insert Sam Mills...Albeit it's not the norm, But all positions have had their " not prototypical " height, weight, speed preferred number at every position...

But there has always been exceptions,as you stated...JH was a GREAT OLB at 5'11"...Sure height is the only true comparison between him snd Sutton...Harrison was / still is strong AF...But Sutton also is so unique in that he is crazy quick and athletic...

Sometimes these type of players are very troublesome for opponents because they are " not the norm " !
    So true.
    I say we move Mike Hilton to OLBer.

Legend

User Info Menu