Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This Stat Will Determine If The Steelers Win Another Super Bowl

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Instead of posting the links, can you please post the rankings in those years (and the total turnover #s)?

Everyone else that actually looked at the numbers and rankings say your statement is verrifiably false.

Yet, you double down and say its true... Maybe that it's the best statement that was ever stated.

But it's others that act like Trump.
    I posted the links; if they don’t want to look within them then that’s on them. Our turnovers as a whole have been an issue over the years. We’ve had discussions in various threads about it over the years as well. If we are getting pressure on the qb ( and we are) then there must be a continued problem on the backend.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is hilarious. Where did this guy come from?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    This is hilarious. Where did this guy come from?
    That's what I asked about you!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Came across an article that looked at some stats around what leads to QB ints. It was a few years old and the conclusion wasn't what you would expect. (Having a defense with high sack rate or pressures had little correlation... no surprise there given 2018 Steelers). I'll try to post if I can find again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I posted the links; if they don’t want to look within them then that’s on them
    We looked at the links you posted. And those links tell us that we were tied for 13th in the league in turnovers in 2017, tied for 14th in the league in turnovers in 2016, and tied for 3rd in the league in turnovers in 2015.

How exactly do those links prove your assertion that "over a 5-6 year period, we are always in the bottom 4th in turnovers"???

In a 32 team league, being in the bottom 4th requires you to be ranked between 25th and 32nd.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We looked at the links you posted. And those links tell us that we were tied for 13th in the league in turnovers in 2017, tied for 14th in the league in turnovers in 2016, and tied for 3rd in the league in turnovers in 2015.

How exactly do those links prove your assertion that "over a 5-6 year period, we are always in the bottom 4th in turnovers"???

In a 32 team league, being in the bottom 4th requires you to be ranked between 25th and 32nd.
    You are using facts and figures. Please stop.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Came across an article that looked at some stats around what leads to QB ints. It was a few years old and the conclusion wasn't what you would expect. (Having a defense with high sack rate or pressures had little correlation... no surprise there given 2018 Steelers). I'll try to post if I can find again.
    Thumbs Up.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    You are using facts and figures. Please stop.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by Steel Maniac; 06-06-2019 at 01:53 PM.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Go easy on yourself. You'll catch on eventually.