Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell and AB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I'm sure none of you have heard Bud be called Dud...Gotcha
    The one that I see around here pretty regularly that continues to confuse me is posters using the name "Bince" to refer to Vince Williams. I'm sure it's intended to be an insult of some kind, but I have no idea how or why.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The one that I see around here pretty regularly that continues to confuse me is posters using the name "Bince" to refer to Vince Williams. I'm sure it's intended to be an insult of some kind, but I have no idea how or why.
    I think it was a weak attempt to add him to the 'killer Bs'... Ben, Bell, Brown, Bince.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think it was a weak attempt to add him to the 'killer Bs'... Ben, Bell, Brown, Bince.
    Why him, though, of all people?

Since the "Killer B's" were on offense, wouldn't it have made more sense to conjure up a Bance McDonald over a Bince Williams?

Or maybe Booboo Smith-Schuster or something like that (although Juju and the B's makes even more sense).

If you were going to randomly pick someone on defense to join the "Killer B's", wouldn't be a true team leader like "Bam" Heyward or something (that even sounds cool...kinda fits the who Ironhead thing he inherited from his Pops).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Uhhhh...I'm pretty more that's what I said
    Pretty more?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why him, though, of all people?

Since the "Killer B's" were on offense, wouldn't it have made more sense to conjure up a Bance McDonald over a Bince Williams?

Or maybe Booboo Smith-Schuster or something like that (although Juju and the B's makes even more sense).

If you were going to randomly pick someone on defense to join the "Killer B's", wouldn't be a true team leader like "Bam" Heyward or something (that even sounds cool...kinda fits the who Ironhead thing he inherited from his Pops).
    LOL... I'm liking 'Juju & the Bs'. .. but need another true B to make it legit.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Pretty more?
    Sure Mr.Perfect

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm sure none of you have heard Bud be called Dud...Gotcha
    Bust Dupree, check.
    Bum Dupree, check.
    Dud? Not so much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sure Mr.Perfect
    That’s Bunny

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Bust Dupree, check.
    Bum Dupree, check.
    Dud? Not so much.
    To tell the truth, Bud makes so few plays, I forget about him sometimes. It hit me a while later that Dud was Bud, but when I was going through the roster in my head, Bud never stands out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not an insult from my end. I'm pretty sure Vince was the first to call himslef "Bince" -- said he should be counted as one of the "killer Bs".