Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bell and AB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t think any of that chaos caused us to lose games. I think Bell not showing up angered the OL but also gave them fuel to prove they could do it without him.

One thing I think really hurt us was Ben and AB. I think they had some tit for tat issues going into the season. I seem to remember AB leaving OTA’s early and then coming back and crying to the media about how he was treated unfairly.

I also remember Ben talking about how he needed to be present for workouts (probably a dig at AB) to show leadership and then he went on vacation the next day and never came back. LOL.

They weren’t on the same page for the first quarter of the season and it hurt our passing game. There were plays where the ball was 5 yards out of bounds on long throws and times AB stopped his route when ben thought he was going deep.

We didn’t know it at the time but I think these 2 were on cracked ice before the season even started.
    Soooo, you claim to disagree with me. (Your normal knee jerk response to my posts).THEN you use 3/4 of your post to make my case with far more details than I gave?
    Dizz, you could have just used the emoticon

Or better you really need to “go Maniac” and just say “BOOM”.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-28-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Soooo, you claim to disagree with me. (Your normal knee jerk response to my posts).THEN you use 3/4 of your post to make my case with far more details than I gave?

Boom........
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

When did I disagree with you in my post?

I look at it as a 2 part series. I don’t think many people really thought AB was a distraction early in the season.

I think the initial blame by most fans was Bell in the preseason in early part of the year and AB in the second half of the season.

We were 6-2-1 at one point last season. Probably should’ve been 7-2 but we had an amazing amount of turnovers in that first game.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 05-29-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Who’s Dud?

LMMFAO! That's exactly what I was thinkin' Flip!!!