Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ron Cook: A few things we wish Ben Roethlisberger would say Tuesday

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah whoever coached Ben into saying that nonsense needs fired. AB is a sensitive douche. And that's what Ben should have said.
    I'm sure it's a misunderstanding. Ben tried to call him, but AB was probably just busy calling God.

In all seriousness, I wish there was a way AB could temporarily donate his brain to science so they could check him for CTE. He's a relatively small guy that's taken some shots. Every time he speaks, I seriously wonder if he's all there mentally. And I mean no disrespect toward him. I'm just guessing something isn't right. After that shot he took from Burfict in the playoffs, I remember having a feeling AB would never be AB again. I hope I'm wrong.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, to me , it's really much ado about nothing at this point. Let's just enjoy the meltdown come week# 10 when ACB realizes that he's not approaching his normal numbers for the season and he's tearing Carr's ear off.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When people say immediately after the draft happens that a player is a "reach" or a "steal" that means that he was taken higher or lower than talking head draftniks like Mel Kiper had him projected to go.
    Think about a high first-round reach. What would that be? How about a guy who nobody seemd to have going in the top 15 going in the top 5. You almost never see a guy who everybody says is that far out going top 5.

It happened this year, and nobody is calling out the idiot GM who made such an outrageous reach. Why is that?

Because the pick of Clelin Ferrell was made by Oakland GM Mike Mayock, who up until last year was one of those talking heads.

Presumably, if Mayock was still on TV, he (and I'm sure that dozens of others would have followed) would have had Ferrell going fourth overall to the Raiders. Did Mayock reach? Was it an absolutely horrible pick?

That is why I will always defer to a team's FO on a draft pick over what the mocks say should happen. This is not a case of me being a Steeler homer, I feel that way about any team who drafts a player before some well coiffed guy on TV said they should.

**Note, the historic exception to this rule is the Cleveland Browns. I don't always know who they should take, but you can usually be sure that whoever they did take was wrong.

**Note #2. It seems that the previous exception no longer applies.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Think about a high first-round reach. What would that be? How about a guy who nobody seemd to have going in the top 15 going in the top 5. You almost never see a guy who everybody says is that far out going top 5.

It happened this year, and nobody is calling out the idiot GM who made such an outrageous reach.
    Not true. I've heard a number of people say that the Raiders reached with their first pick. And I would concur. IIRC, they could have had Josh Allen with that selection. Or, they could have traded back and picked up an extra pick and still drafted Ferrell. However you want to slice it, it sure looks like they could've done better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    In all seriousness, I wish there was a way AB could temporarily donate his brain to science so they could check him for CTE. He's a relatively small guy that's taken some shots. Every time he speaks, I seriously wonder if he's all there mentally. And I mean no disrespect toward him. I'm just guessing something isn't right. After that shot he took from Burfict in the playoffs, I remember having a feeling AB would never be AB again. I hope I'm wrong.
    I hear you. But I'm not sure I've EVER heard him speak where I thought he was really all-there mentally.