AV
    Ramon Foster
    BJ Finney
    Mike Hilton
    Rosie Nix

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't know an easy way to find the answer, so I sanity checked 1 other team with a HOF QB and a long tenured coach - New Orleans.

They were 5 out of 10 years with 1 SuperBowl victory in the last 10 years.

So a little better, but they also had several losing seasons. 3 out of 10 probably isn't horrible, but might be mediocre with a tenured SuperBowl winning coach and HOF QB.
    I will check GB to see how they have faired.

Seattle is probably the only other team thatís better than us the last 10 years in this dept.

Also didnít we win a SB in 2008? I think thatís the 11th year.

Always find it funny how folks use the year AFTER the SB victory to show his shortcomings.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

Seattle is probably the only other team that’s better than us the last 10 years in this dept.

Also didn’t we win a SB in 2008? I think that’s the 11th year.

Always find it funny how folks use the year AFTER the SB victory to show his shortcomings.
    I just picked 10 years randomly. No agenda or any care what the data says either way. Felt like a round number

Legend

User Info Menu

Seattle is probably the only other team that’s better than us the last 10 years in this dept.

Also didn’t we win a SB in 2008? I think that’s the 11th year.

Oh and no need to defend Tomlin here. I was suggesting this pointed out he doesn't have the talent to work with. Never brought his coaching into question.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Oh and no need to defend Tomlin here. I was suggesting this pointed out he doesn't have the talent to work with. Never brought his coaching into question.
    Gotcha. I do feel like player development falls on Tomlins shoulders that’s why I defended him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gotcha. I do feel like player development falls on Tomlins shoulders thatís why I defended him.
    Thatís a good point that I wasnít really considering when I posted. I was thinking more itís about talent. And weíre not getting good enough talent.

I guess to a degree Tomlin shares in the talent selection but Iím not sure how much is him vs Colbert vs the owner.

Colbert has worked with Cowher and Tomlin. But then again thatís near impossible to compare because they had different Rooneyís running the team.

And in fairness we could just be one great player tying everything together. What if we had Aaron Donald or JJ Watt? 1 guy thatís so dominant could change everything. Guys like Troy and Deebo were game changers on D. Do we really have anyone like that now?

A couple right picks could change everything.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe we are doing a better job of actually drafting players and not relying on UDFA to start and play.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH