Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Steelers Best Value Pick in Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I'm going to go with Justin Layne as my pick....
    Nick Farabaugh
    @FarabaughFB

Something the Steelers need to do is just to let Justin Layne play his game. Obviously he needs to transition to off man, but let him be the aggressive press man CB he really is, thatís his strength. Part of the NFL transition is confidence, and you donít want Layne to lose his.

https://twitter.com/FarabaughFB?ref_...eed-To-Work-On

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chiming in on the original topic - Benny Snell was my only "fist pump" of the draft.

I was certainly excited for the trade up, suspected it would be Bush and am excited to see what he can do. I think he will be very "Shazier" - will make some incredible plays all over the field, but, will occasionally over-run the play in the hole due to his playing speed. We'll forgive it because the rest of his play will be spectacular. He'll do what a first rounder should, so I'm not sure that it's "value", especially considering the trade up required. I'll also admit that I prefer VW next to him, or at least someone who is a run stuffer right in the hole - so, i hope they don't get carried away and try to start speed+speed coupling Bush with Barron.

Why I like Snell - he's a workaholic, who while slightly eccentric, is a "football player" who has often been overlooked, but, gets there on pure desire - attitude reminds me of Hines. I think that by end of season, he'll be the short yardage back. I actually thought on draft day that with Conner, Samuels and Snell, this team doesn't need another RB because Snell is better than the other RB options we had last year behind Conner and Samuels.

I think we'll look back as this being one of the best drafts in some time Bush, Diontae Johnson, Snell and even Gentry have all either looked good or shown flashes. That doesn't even count Buggs, Layne and Gilbert who all could be contributors
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Given the pick we used to get him, Gentry may turn out to be the best long term "value pick"

I predict he has 3 red zone TDs this year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Given the pick we used to get him, Gentry may turn out to be the best long term "value pick"

By that same criteria, I'm thinking Gilbert.

Question: What if Bush and Gilbert played for the other guys college team?

I can see Gilbert being an overlooked player because of where he played not how he played just like James Harrison.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Question.. did Bush not play tonight (week 2- preseason) because he's injured or because he's proven enough?
    Rara's WAY TOO EARLY mock
    -------------------------------------------------
    Round 2- K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE; LSU
    Round 3 (Bell comp?)- Walker Little OT; Stanford
    Round 4a- Marvin Wilson, DT; FSU
    Round 4b- Darnay Holmes, CB; UCLA
    Round 4c- Najee Harris, RB; Alabama
    Round 5a- Denzel Mims, WR; Baylor
    Round 5b- Trey Smith, OG; Tennessee
    Round 5c- Jordan Fuller, S; Ohio State
    Round 6- T.J. Basher, WR; Texas Tech
    Round 7- Noah Togiai, TE; Oregon State

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin decision
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

I was thinking he may be active for 3 games. History has shown Tomlin likes the vets, which may mean Grimble is the backup and game active. Who knows, I’m usually always wrong according to my wife.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that litte running back that runs like tyreek hill went to the chiefs with the last pick in the 6th round, a round where we had 3 picks

would have made a nice little change of pace guy

Legend

User Info Menu

Gilbert looked really good with the #1s last night. Didn't get to see the 2nd half... but he looks like he will not only make the 53... but be in the mix this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Outside of GREY and SMITH I think this draft class is pretty solid so far.
    GREY is probably going to be a PS guy ...he's behind a lot of Competition
    SMITH should also be a PS guy (unless he's just been awful and we haven't had a chance to see it)

SKIPPER is gonna benefit w/ OLA's injury for the time being and Fred Johnson has to have some serious considerations (I don't think he will be easy to hide on the PS)

GILBERT looks like he belongs out there - would be great to see him flash on Special Teams
    Last edited by SidSmythe; 08-18-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!