Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Will Mike Tomlin get an extension before the 2019 regular season kicks off?

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He has no extension; meaning management doesn't see things like that article. If they saw it like the article, he'd have an extension already.
    Tomlin's previous contract extensions were signed on:

    7/13/10
    7/24/12
    7/23/15
    8/4/17

    Because he does not yet have an extension right now as of 6/18/19 is evidence of literally nothing.

    This is currently the official vacation time for coaches, players, front office staff alike now that free agency and the draft is over and we've gone through voluntary OTA sessions and mandatory minicamps. They will start talking about a contract extension once everybody is ready to reconvene for training camp in Latrobe later on this summer. That's the way it's always been done.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  2. #72
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tomlin's previous contract extensions were signed on:

    7/13/10
    7/24/12
    7/23/15
    8/4/17

    Because he does not yet have an extension right now as of 6/18/19 is evidence of literally nothing.

    This is currently the official vacation time for coaches, players, front office staff alike now that free agency and the draft is over and we've gone through voluntary OTA sessions and mandatory minicamps. They will start talking about a contract extension once everybody is ready to reconvene for training camp in Latrobe later on this summer. That's the way it's always been done.
    That’s like saying America’s hate freedom because we don’t celebrate the 4th in April.

    Where are the fireworks? It’s April 4th.

  3. #73
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tomlin's previous contract extensions were signed on:

    7/13/10
    7/24/12
    7/23/15
    8/4/17

    Because he does not yet have an extension right now as of 6/18/19 is evidence of literally nothing.

    This is currently the official vacation time for coaches, players, front office staff alike now that free agency and the draft is over and we've gone through voluntary OTA sessions and mandatory minicamps. They will start talking about a contract extension once everybody is ready to reconvene for training camp in Latrobe later on this summer. That's the way it's always been done.
    Ruthless, you're missing the clearly obvious point that in the following date ranges (where the team didn't sign Tomlin to a contract) they thought he was a terrible coach.

    1/23/07 - 7/12/10
    7/14/10 - 7/22/12
    7/24/15 - 8/3/17
    8/5/17 - Present

    From this analysis, we can CLEARLYsee that the team has felt that Tomlin was terrible on far more days than they thought he was worth hiring.

    If we take the average of all of those days, they obviously think Tomlin is a bad coach who is not worth resigning this time.

  4. #74
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Franchise QBs

    They may not be all they're cracked up to be.

    This article talks about how they tend to take up so much of the salary cap that they make your team significantly worse in other areas.
    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...atrick-mahomes

    In my opinion, the chances of winning are highest when
    (1) You have a franchise QB on a rookie deal and maybe
    (2) You have a franchise QB at the end of their career that plays under-market to win
    (3) You have Tom Brady who is more interested in winning than being the highest paid QB

    That's why I was hoping Ben would take a hometown discount on his last contract with us. It would give us some room to build a great team around him (particularly on D) so that we'd be more competitive at the end of his career.

    I don't begrudge him from wanting what he's worth (he's worth it and earned his way to that salary). But him playing at (or near) market value hurts the team's chances of winning.

  5. #75
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Ruthless, you're missing the clearly obvious point that in the following date ranges (where the team didn't sign Tomlin to a contract) they thought he was a terrible coach.

    1/23/07 - 7/12/10
    7/14/10 - 7/22/12
    7/24/15 - 8/3/17
    8/5/17 - Present

    From this analysis, we can CLEARLYsee that the team has felt that Tomlin was terrible on far more days than they thought he was worth hiring.

    If we take the average of all of those days, they obviously think Tomlin is a bad coach who is not worth resigning this time.
    Please.....

    Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games in the last 8 years and last year he didn't make the playoffs. So the circumstances and the cross roads this team is at right now, is different from all those previous references. There has been a pattern established by Tomlin of not being able to win in the playoffs now.

    You having to go back and grab previous extension periods is a weak, weak argument. Your making "Don Shula " arguments; just like I said you'd be doing. "Well he won us two super bowls in the 70's so we need to give him an extention in 1992." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    But, considering WHO started THAT point, it has to be weak. From Mr. "Conner is only a back up RB" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Still running behind me on all threads. Wow.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  6. #76
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tomlin's previous contract extensions were signed on:

    7/13/10
    7/24/12
    7/23/15
    8/4/17

    Because he does not yet have an extension right now as of 6/18/19 is evidence of literally nothing.

    This is currently the official vacation time for coaches, players, front office staff alike now that free agency and the draft is over and we've gone through voluntary OTA sessions and mandatory minicamps. They will start talking about a contract extension once everybody is ready to reconvene for training camp in Latrobe later on this summer. That's the way it's always been done.
    Can I add a

    BOOM!!

  7. #77
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Please.....

    Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games in the last 8 years and last year he didn't make the playoffs. So the circumstances and the cross roads this team is at right now, is different from all those previous references. There has been a pattern established by Tomlin of not being able to win in the playoffs now.

    You having to go back and grab previous extension periods is a weak, weak argument. Your making "Don Shula " arguments; just like I said you'd be doing. "Well he won us two super bowls in the 70's so we need to give him an extention in 1992." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    But, considering WHO started THAT point, it has to be weak. From Mr. "Conner is only a back up RB" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Still running behind me on all threads. Wow.
    Boom.......
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  8. #78
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Wow. This Joker laugh and Conner references to deflect from facts is sad as hell.

    I really hope this doesn’t continue once the season starts.

    At some point people have to move on from imaginary wins and losses.

    Why can’t folks actually wait until after July when he is usually extended to pay themselves on the back?

    Is life really that slow?

  9. #79
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Wow. This Joker laugh and Conner references to deflect from facts is sad as hell.

    I really hope this doesnít continue once the season starts.

    At some point people have to move on from imaginary wins and losses.

    Why canít folks actually wait until after July when he is usually extended to pay themselves on the back?

    Is life really that slow?
    it will continue...

  10. #80
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Wow. This Joker laugh and Conner references to deflect from facts is sad as hell.

    I really hope this doesn’t continue once the season starts.

    At some point people have to move on from imaginary wins and losses.

    Why can’t folks actually wait until after July when he is usually extended to pay themselves on the back?

    Is life really that slow?
    Imaginary wins and losses?? Talk about denying the facts!!! Please see my signature below..those are not "imaginary" they are tangible and can easily be verified. It's amazing how you select few ignore his playoff success (or lack there of) for the last 8 (going on 9) years.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •