Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cuckoo Bird Brown already miffed at Raiders

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't remember the last time I was so totally enamored with a player like I am with Juju. He seriously has the power to bring not only the team together but the city of Pittsburgh and Stillernation. The dude's personally is just infectious. I wish him a very long, prosperous career with the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't remember the last time I was so totally enamored with a player like I am with Juju. He seriously has the power to bring not only the team together but the city of Pittsburgh and Stillernation. The dude's personally is just infectious. I wish him a very long, prosperous career with the Steelers.
    I second this....
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward?????
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown should learn not to look a gift horse in the mouth

Ben Roethlisberger's recent interview and apology has extended Antonio Brown the olive branch of peace and an unbelievable shot at redemption. Brown seems to be blissfully unaware.

By Shannon White May 23, 2019

My father used to say it takes two to tango. He was referring to the fact that in any relationship, whether they be professional or personal, there are no perfect individuals. Even in a situation that involves an obvious villain, there is always a victim. Some individuals prove to be perpetual victims.

I used to share a office with a work colleague who happened to be the father of two daughters. Both daughters had been married and divorced multiple times, with one daughter having achieved the trifecta. Needless to say, my work colleague loved to go on and on talking about how utterly worthless he felt each of his ex son-in-laws were in his opinion. It actually became quite uncomfortable for any listener, myself included.

On one particularly aggravating day filled with hostility and rancor, I finally asked my colleague a simply question after my father's words of wisdom came to mind. What was the common denominator in each situation? He seemed confused and asked me to clarify. I merely pointed out that his daughters were the one constant in each relationship. If each of these men were as despicable as he described, then why did his daughters keep on marrying that type of man? Though he seemed pretty distraught by my question, the good news was he never tried to discuss his daughters love interests in my presence ever again.

Ben Roethlisberger's one and only interview since last season's disappointing ending and drama filled off season recently aired preemptive to the first day of OTA's on Tuesday. In an obvious attempt to express his side of the story in a controlled setting and effectively close the book on all the drama, Ben took the opportunity to issue an apology and be the bigger man. In no way trying to play the victim, even though he was repeatedly attacked unfairly throughout Antonio Brown's insanity tour by the man himself and a multitude of national media, Ben accepted responsibility for his comments toward AB on his radio show and offered an apology. He even called AB a good friend and hoped they could put the whole situation behind them someday. Ben and I definitely have a different definition of what a good friend actually is.

Whether intentionally or not, Ben has provided Brown with a golden opportunity previously believed unthinkable. He has given Brown a road back in, an avenue to forgiveness if you will. After Brown burned every possible bridge around Pittsburgh, Ben has erected a temporary rope suspension bridge for Brown to cross back over. The sad part of it all is the fact that Brown seems oblivious to the possibility.

Steelers Nation is filled with individuals who would love nothing better than to welcome Brown back into the fold with open arms someday. Time has a way of healing old wounds, and forgiveness is often an option as we all enjoy a good redemption story.

That's what made Brown's obvious attempt to force a trade to a location where he could obtain the max contract he desired so puzzling. He didn't know when to quit when he was ahead. Similar to a mother of dragons, he couldn't just burn a few bridges, he had to burn the whole city. He exposed his true nature like Pee Wee Herman at a movie theater. There is just no coming back from some behavior.

Incredibly, Brown has been granted the ultimate second chance, all on a silver platter. All he has to do is accept Ben's apology and move on. Take responsibility for his own actions moving forward and let the healing power of time do the rest. Once the still fresh sting of betrayal has faded then a mutually beneficial dialog can commence. Antonio Brown can't allow this golden opportunity to pass him by, but it appears he will.

He seems determined to play the perpetual victim to the end. Brown has had conflict or issue with Ben, Tomlin, coaches, ex-players, local media, and fans across social media. What is the common denominator in each situation? Or should I say who?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...iders-nfl-news

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown wants someone to cut the grass at his house in Pittsburgh
    By Mike Florio | May 24, 2019, 7:47 PM EDT

The grass may be greener in Oakland, but it’s getting longer in Pittsburgh.

Former Steelers receiver Antonio Brown‘s house is for sale. And he apparently didn’t make the appropriate arrangements to have a lawn service keep the grass, you know, cut.

Via KDKA-TV, former Sunkist CEO Don Binotto tweeted a request for Brown to get the grass cut. Brown responded by asking Binotto to do it.

“Can you be a Good Samaritan and do me a solid cut my grass that’s my other property up for sell in PA!” Brown tweeted. “Wow is it really good people in the world like this! Send me cash app #BusinessBoomin #MoTheLawn.”

Brown made it clear via another tweet that he was willing to pay for the favor, but it would have made a lot more sense for Brown to have made arrangements to have someone cut the grass during grass-cutting seasons. For people with enough money to own houses in cities other than the cities where they live, it’s a matter of basic courtesy and consideration for those who actually live close to a house where the owner doesn’t.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Former Steelers receiver Antonio Brown‘s house is for sale. And he apparently didn’t make the appropriate arrangements to have a lawn service keep the grass, you know, cut.

Via KDKA-TV, former Sunkist CEO Don Binotto tweeted a request for Brown to get the grass cut. Brown responded by asking Binotto to do it.

“Can you be a Good Samaritan and do me a solid cut my grass that’s my other property up for sell in PA!” Brown tweeted. “Wow is it really good people in the world like this! Send me cash app #BusinessBoomin #MoTheLawn.”

Brown made it clear via another tweet that he was willing to pay for the favor, but it would have made a lot more sense for Brown to have made arrangements to have someone cut the grass during grass-cutting seasons. For people with enough money to own houses in cities other than the cities where they live, it’s a matter of basic courtesy and consideration for those who actually live close to a house where the owner doesn’t.
    In the tweet Binotto sent to AB, he said, "Hey ⁦@AB84⁩ ⁦@Raiders⁩ we are happy you left the Pittsburgh neighborhood but don’t you think you can spend some of that signing bonus and cut your grass?"

Did you catch that? "Happy you left". LOL.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...awn-132316716/

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown: Important to have an off-field relationship with Derek Carr

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 28, 2019

We’ve heard all too much this offseason about how Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger did not have a good relationship in Pittsburgh. We didn’t hear any more about that today when Brown talked to the media in Oakland, but we did hear about his aspiration to have a better relationship with his new quarterback.

Brown said he thinks it’s important that he and Derek Carr develop not just a rapport on the field but a friendship off the field.

“It’s tremendously important to have a relationship off the field because playing football you get mentally tired, you get frustrated, you always want to have that respect for the guy to know where he’s coming from, know what he stands for and know what’s important to him so you guys can be on the same page, and do what you desire to do — and you desire to win,” Brown said.

For all his issues with teammates and coaches in Pittsburgh, Brown will likely be welcomed with open arms by Carr, who is getting a uniquely talented receiver sent his way.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-derek-carr/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

JuJu will cut it for him...

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown: ‘Nothing matters anymore’ but catching Jerry Rice

By Dejan Kovacevic
    Posted on May 31, 2019

Do at least try to look surprised.

After the Steelers traded Antonio Brown and he was introduced at a press conference March 13 in Oakland, he spoke a lot of the right things about doing right by the Raiders but also threw in, "Obviously, my goal in the back of my mind is to catch Jerry Rice."

Meaning, of course, as the NFL's all-time leading wide receiver.

But in an Instagram story posted Friday on his personal account, AB clearly took that concept further:

These were the words: "Nothing even matters anymore but us catching Jerry Rice."

Here's betting Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock appreciate that motivation, not to mention Derek Carr and all of AB's new teammates.

And here's hoping, from the Raiders' perspective, that they don't ever find a JuJu Smith-Schuster there who can challenge him for top status or, for that matter, catches and yards. Because it becomes increasingly glaring that's primarily what motivated him in Pittsburgh, as well.

Can he catch Rice?

Well, he's 31, and his 130 games over nine NFL seasons have brought 837 catches for 11,207 yards and 74 touchdowns. To catch Rice in any of those categories, he'd need 174 more games, 713 more catches, 11,689 more yards and 124 more touchdowns. On the game count alone, he'd need to log 11 more seasons and never miss -- or simply blow off -- a single game. Even if the league succeeds in its new bid to expand the regular season to 18 games, he'd need to stay at a star level for another decade.

Without a franchise quarterback the caliber of Ben Roethlisberger, it should be stressed.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...rs-raiders-dk/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 06-01-2019 at 04:49 PM.