Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cuckoo Bird Brown already miffed at Raiders

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    These predictions of the worst for elite players who left is a wish list not really a prediction.

Hell, I did it with JH. I get it but I also think folks donít want to admit guys like AB and Bell are extremely talented and will probably play well for other teams.
    Yes, they are talented. Very talented. But can they play well with other flawed teams? It's not like these guys went to the Patriots or Chiefs. They went to the Jets and Raiders. LOL.

If Brown melted down with Ben throwing to him, while consistently putting up MONSTER numbers, what's going to happen with Carr throwing to him?

And I think it'll be fun to see how Bell can fare in NY with a less talented offensive line AND a passing game that's not in the same league as what he played with on the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yes, they are talented. Very talented. But can they play well with other flawed teams? It's not like these guys went to the Patriots or Chiefs. They went to the Jets and Raiders. LOL.

If Brown melted down with Ben throwing to him, while consistently putting up MONSTER numbers, what's going to happen with Carr throwing to him?

And I think it'll be fun to see how Bell can fare in NY with a less talented offensive line AND a passing game that's not in the same league as what he played with on the Steelers.
    Brown had several years of the "royal treatment" with the Steelers ... which only fed his desire for more power. His real beef with Ben and Tomlin is because AB wanted more say in running the team than they have (in other words, he's the one with the true "owner's mentality"). He may be in a bit of a honeymoon phase right now, but what's going to happen when Gruden puts his foot down, or Carr asserts himself in a way that works counter to what AB wants? I predict you'll see Mr. Big Chest once again rearing his ugly mustache.

As for Bell, I think the situation (sadly) is nicely set-up for him to have injury problems, as he tries to prove his greatness behind a suspect line with a weak passing game. Hope I'm wrong about that, since I never like to see anyone out due to injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown returns to Pittsburgh, in court on reckless driving charge

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 14, 2019, 1:56 PM EDT

Former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown has returned to Pittsburgh. Briefly.

Brown was in the Allegheny County Courthouse today dealing with a reckless driving charge, which he was able to get reduced to a lesser charged that will result only in a fine, KDKA reports.

“To all my fans in Pittsburgh, I never got to say goodbye,” Brown said in a video he posted on social media. “I’m here today in the downtown Pittsburgh Court.”

Brown had previously been found guilty of reckless driving in a case that began when he was pulled over while driving his Porsche faster than 100 miles an hour. But today’s court appearance was part of an appeals process that allowed him to be found guilty only of driving at an unsafe speed.

“There was no accident in this case, and he agrees he needs to be more safe driving,” said his lawyer, James Hankle.

The NFL has already said Brown will not face league discipline for the driving infraction.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/14/antonio-brown-returns-to-pittsburgh-in-court-on-reckless-driving-charge/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

I don’t think either of these guys think they are going to better teams. They are going to teams where they think they will be treated “better” monetarily.

Will there be frustration if they can’t get the ball and do great things? Sure... but that happens on good teams too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t think either of these guys think they are going to better teams. They are going to teams where they think they will be treated “better” monetarily.

Will there be frustration if they can’t get the ball and do great things? Sure... but that happens on good teams too.
    I'm gonna try to get Le'Veon on my PPR fantasy football team this season, it wouldn't surprise me if Bell gets close to 100 catches in Adam Gase's dink n dunk offense.

Starter

User Info Menu

Bell and Brown are both douchebags, although of different caliber. Currently, Brown is a bigger douchebag than Bell, but only because his IQ is higher and he seems to have more talent for douchebaggery. As the season progresses, Bell may become more of a douchebag. We don't know yet.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Bell and Brown are both douchebags, although of different caliber. Currently, Brown is a bigger douchebag than Bell, but only because his IQ is higher and he seems to have more talent for douchebaggery. As the season progresses, Bell may become more of a douchebag. We don't know yet.
    Amazing how I viewed these guys with my black and gold colored glasses on... So much different now that they are no longer Stillers.

Although, their play on the field then did make it easy to block out their ******* image that is now exposed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Although they will never man up and admit they are wrong, the Tomlin haters are going to have to at least give him begrudging credit for how long he managed the egos and issues of Brown and Bell. Their new teams can't seem to handle them for 2 months.

Tomlin is an excellent leader in today's NFL and we are fortunate to have him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Perfection!

Cute - Cute (but somewhat creepy due to the beard)

Accurate (no photoshop skills needed at all) - Cute

Cute - Cute
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.