Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: The Winner's Curse and Why Trading Down is the Better Choice

  1. #81
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Maybe because you never really answered his question
    Ford, I've answered his question. People just don't like my answer.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  2. #82
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Northern my friend, why must you keep asking me the same questions over and over and over again?? Please see my signature...it's about the playoffs. Our legacy is defined by what we do in the playoffs.
    But we showed you that he does better in the playoffs than you'd expect from his regular season record.

    That's not an easy feat when his regular season record is so good.

    That's another set of facts that you disregard.

  3. #83
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    My playoff facts (below in the sig) are the facts.You can’t count what he did with Cowhers players 10 years ago because he doesn’t have Cowhers players anymore. We’ve already been over this before. Again, I can't make it any plainer to you then what's in my signature.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 05-09-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  4. #84
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    My playoff facts (below in the sig) are the facts.You can’t count what he did with Cowhers players 10 years ago because he doesn’t have Cowhers players anymore. We’ve already been over this before. Again, I can't make it any plainer to you then what's in my signature.
    So you agree that you discount his success (in the regular and post season) but not his failure.

    I think that was what Captain meant when he said:

    Actually, Tomlin support are not the ones “disregarding” anything.
    Bashers disregard any success he has had......and there has been plenty.


    I'm glad we're all on the same page.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-09-2019 at 07:05 PM.

  5. #85
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    So you agree that you discount his success (in the regular and post season) but not his failure.

    I think that was what Captain meant when he said:

    Actually, Tomlin support are not the ones “disregarding” anything.
    Bashers disregard any success he has had......and there has been plenty.


    I'm glad we're all on the same page.
    Wrong.....

    I discount only the Cowher player and coaches years; whatever hes done in the last 8 years in the post season is what I’m compiling. Good or bad.

    For example , if he wins two playoff games this coming season, that gets compiled. If he doesn’t win any playoff games, that gets compiled. It’s not my fault he only has won 3 playoff games in the last 8 seasons. If he had won 5 playoff games, that would be included as well.

    If what you said were true, I wouldn’t count his 3 wins. Lol


    Again, you play this same game that when you can’t argue facts, you then go and try and discredit the person posting the facts. It’s a Trumpish game that is very transparent.

    Tomlin’s failure without Cowhers players and coaches for the last 8 years is so obvious in my signature, that you feel the need to discredit me personally as a supposed “ hater”
    The facts don’t “ hate” anyone... facts just tell the truth. He’s been a playoff super underachiever for the last 8 years. The facts speak that... stop shooting the messenger.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 05-09-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  6. #86
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Wrong.....

    I discount only the Cowher player and coaches years; whatever hes done in the last 8 years in the post season is what I’m compiling. Good or bad.

    For example , if he wins two playoff games this coming season, that gets compiled. If he doesn’t win any playoff games, that gets compiled. It’s not my fault he only has won 3 playoff games in the last 8 seasons. If he had won 5 playoff games, that would be included as well.

    If what you said were true, I wouldn’t count his 3 wins. Lol


    Again, you play this same game that when you can’t argue facts, you then go and try and discredit the person posting the facts. It’s a Trumpish game that is very transparent.

    Tomlin’s failure without Cowhers players and coaches for the last 8 years is so obvious in my signature, that you feel the need to discredit me personally as a supposed “ hater”
    The facts don’t “ hate” anyone... facts just tell the truth. He’s been a playoff super underachiever for the last 8 years. The facts speak that... stop shooting the messenger.
    I say: You [read: Steel Maniac] are disregarding some of the facts, which is what Captain Lemming was saying you are doing.

    You say: I [read: Steel Maniac] am disregarding some of the facts. And you [read: NorthernBlitz] are arguing like Trump.

    I agree that Tomlin's last two years have been sub-par (especially this last season). So do all the people you call Tomlin Ball Washers. But, I think that there are circumstances that are out of his control and that he's still in the 2nd tier of NFL QBs (behind the GOAT). I've said several times that I'm not necessarily super high on keeping Tomlin if he were to be replaced with someone with a reasonable chance to have the same ball part of success. But I think that replacing the coach won't fix the things that caused us to lose this year. I think fumbles, defensive turnovers, and collapse of a previously strong kicker are things that have large elements of chance.

    Aside: If one of us argues like Trump, I'd probably suggest it's the one who needs to announce to everyone on the board when they put someone on ignore (but continues to reply to that person's posts). Or maybe the person who uses homo-erotic slurs like ball washers. Or maybe the person who can't get into an argument without ignoring any evidence that contradicts their opinion (and then claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with them is stalking them kind of like being on a witch-hunt).

    I'd also probably argue that the one of us that's more like Trump is the one who believes that coaches are all-powerful strongmen who should be able to come in and Make the Steelers Great Again.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-09-2019 at 07:22 PM.

  7. #87
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Wow... so now you change the things I say.

    Read carefully, ... No one (now) cares about what Tomlin did with Cowhers players. Why? Because it is not relevant to now and hasn’t been relevant for almost a decade. That is why I’m referring to the last 8 years. Simple as that. No other reason then that. If there were, I’d gladly tell you.

    I did not call you a ball washer; where did I call you that? So now, since I won’t call you a name, you have to make up a lie that I called you a name. I did not call you a Tomlin ball washer.

    You continue to do Trumpish tactics and I refuse to call you any names or lie on you. All I need to do is stick to the facts. And the facts remain that Tomlin is a super underachiever the last 8 years in the playoffs with players and coaches that he was involved with selecting.

    Why you get so upset to the point that you have to lie on me is hilarious to me.

  8. #88
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    And I’m sorry north_blitz but I’m not responding to anyone in my ignore list. Now if you pick up their stance , then of course I respond to what is said. But I don’t read anyone direct post that’s on my ignore list.

    Only people who are on ignore are guys who just want to call names or just argue for the sake of arguing without trying to make a point. I don’t care if someone has a different opinion then me; that’s what a poster room is all about.

    But I’ve been PM’d that there is a concerted effort by a select few to try and make me call someone a name so ford fixer can do to me what you guys did to Crash. And I won’t go along with the plan. Sorry to disappoint but you.

  9. #89
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    So, since that plan isn’t going to work, we can stick to football okay?

  10. #90
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And I’m sorry north_blitz but I’m not responding to anyone in my ignore list. Now if you pick up their stance , then of course I respond to what is said. But I don’t read anyone direct post that’s on my ignore list.

    Only people who are on ignore are guys who just want to call names or just argue for the sake of arguing without trying to make a point. I don’t care if someone has a different opinion then me; that’s what a poster room is all about.

    But I’ve been PM’d that there is a concerted effort by a select few to try and make me call someone a name so ford fixer can do to me what you guys did to Crash. And I won’t go along with the plan. Sorry to disappoint but you.
    First, I'm apparently on your ignore list and you're responding to me right now.

    Second, it sounds like you're agreeing with me again that you think there's a witch hunt. But you say I'm like Trump.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-10-2019 at 05:03 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •