Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despite massive losses, Kevin Colbert has Steelers in good position

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Whatever is going on I can say this, I’m actually proud again. Not that I wasn’t proud before. But I think with brown and bell gone this team as become much more balanced and not so top(star) heavy. If that’s even possible, which I think it is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He canít surprise if he doesnít play. Heís not playing this much this year. From all the reports , he will not be a real contributor other then return duties. They are giving Washington, juju and Moncrief all the work. With Rogers/ Switzer manning any slot duties. Thatís what their saying at least. And I see no reason to doubt them considering the way they are touting Washington and they just gave Moncrief a nice first year chunk of money.
    I'd suggest that if he tears it up in the preseason......he will be allowed to compete for pt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I'd suggest that if he tears it up in the preseason......he will be allowed to compete for pt.
    Rudolph will be throwing him the ball so I do t know how legitimate a berometer that would be.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He canít surprise if he doesnít play. Heís not playing this much this year. From all the reports , he will not be a real contributor other then return duties. They are giving Washington, juju and Moncrief all the work. With Rogers/ Switzer manning any slot duties. Thatís what their saying at least. And I see no reason to doubt them considering the way they are touting Washington and they just gave Moncrief a nice first year chunk of money.
    Perhaps that's all being said to help take the pressure off a kid who immediately upon being drafted was being compared to AB? He'll have to battle it out for sure, but it may be appropriate for them to temper expectations and allow the kid to work free of some unreasonable expectations.

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually hope what Colbert said is true. Because I want Washington and Moncrief to get as many reps as possible to get the chemistry with Ben.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Whatever is going on I can say this, I’m actually proud again. Not that I wasn’t proud before. But I think with brown and bell gone this team as become much more balanced and not so top(star) heavy. If that’s even possible, which I think it is.
    If we go 6-10 will you be proud?

Just wondering if fans are really happier to root for teams they like even if they aren’t that good but have likable players.

Just wondering.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Does he know the route tree? Is he a quick learner?

I think if he catches on quickly and shows out he will get playing time ASAP.

We don’t have time to hold anyone’s hands at WR this year. If Washington hasn’t turned a corner and Switzer can’t stop running sideways and this kid years it up why would we hold him back?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Does he know the route tree? Is he a quick learner?

I think if he catches on quickly and shows out he will get playing time ASAP.

We don’t have time to hold anyone’s hands at WR this year. If Washington hasn’t turned a corner and Switzer can’t stop running sideways and this kid years it up why would we hold him back?
    After Juju, it really should be a wild west shootout for WR roles on this team. I fully expect that the 6 WR on our final 53 man roster will be Juju, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, Rogers, and Switzer, but I have no idea what the ultimate roles will be for any of them, aside from Juju. Should be some interesting battles in Latrobe for sure.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After Juju, it really should be a wild west shootout for WR roles on this team. I fully expect that the 6 WR on our final 53 man roster will be Juju, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, Rogers, and Switzer, but I have no idea what the ultimate roles will be for any of them, aside from Juju. Should be some interesting battles in Latrobe for sure.
    Yup. I know Switzer is a fan favorite on here due to his interviews but he hasn’t set the world on fire on the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think this is about right. Maybe we only keep 5 and Rogers and Switzer fight it out for the last spot.

I'm hoping that Washington / Johnson can win the #2 spot by the end of the year, but I assume it will start with Montcrief