Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Steelers by position: WR. Are we better off?

Legend

User Info Menu

Q: Juju, Moncrief, Washington and Johnson are 4 WR locks. Who would you say is the leader for the 5th WR spot?

Gerry Dulac: Switzer for sure

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201908070088

Legend

User Info Menu

Chris Wesseling
    Verified account
    @ChrisWesseling

Some people in Steelers camp have Diontae Johnson ahead of James Washington in the WR pecking order

https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling?r...0%2599%2Fpage2

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I hope DJ's groin issue doesn't become a nagging thing. It would be great if Montcrief, Washington, and Johnson all end up being viable weapons in the O. Makes us harder to prepare for, especially if Ben spreads it around now without AB crying every time he doesn't get a target.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger is excited about his options in the passing game

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2019, 11:06 AM EDT

Receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le'Veon Bell (who caught plenty of passes) are gone. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wants them also to be forgotten. Whether that happens depends on the performance of the players who will take their place.

“I’m really excited about what we have,” Roethlisberger recently told Chris Simms. “JuJu [Smith-Schuster] just keeps getting better and I’m excited for what he’s going to do, especially with a new challenge. Every year he’s presented with a new challenge and he’s answered the bell.”

It’s going to take more than JuJu to get it done, but Ben is also excited about the rest of the receiving corps.

“I’m excited to see what [Donte] Moncrief [does],” Roethlisberger said. “I’ve been really excited about him. We got a battle inside between him, Eli [Rogers] and [Ryan Switzer], two guys who are really fun to watch work. James Washington has shown improvement. He’s lost weight, gotten faster, and [is] making plays.

“There’s going to be a lot. There’s some catches that went to Oakland that are going to have to get dispersed among a lot of guys. Not one guy and that’s going to be the thing, it’s not one guy who needs to pick up the slack. It needs to be everybody, and that includes me. Making sure every guy gets the ball and make sure I don’t try to do too much.”

When trying to understand why the Steelers have had so many mid-to-late-round receivers over the last decade, rarely if ever does anyone credit Roethlisberger for it. This year, he’ll have a chance to prove that he’s had something to do with the stellar performances of so many Steelers receivers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/ben-roethlisberger-is-excited-about-his-options-in-the-passing-game/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Im not so sure Switzer is a lock any more.....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Im not so sure Switzer is a lock any more.....
    I agree with you Pete. I like Switzer but damn, we are loaded. Washington looked like a superstar. Holton and Jones looked very good and we haven't even seen the rookie 3rd rounder and Moncrief. Toss in Eli Rodgers and of course JuJu and we are stocked. The only one I was disappointed in was Spencer. I did like his return ability though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I agree with you Pete. I like Switzer but damn, we are loaded. Washington looked like a superstar. Holton and Jones looked very good and we haven't even seen the rookie 3rd rounder and Moncrief. Toss in Eli Rodgers and of course JuJu and we are stocked. The only one I was disappointed in was Spencer. I did like his return ability though.
    I think only 4 WRs are safe: JuJu, Moncrief, Washington and Johnson.

if we keep 6, the competition for the last two spots will be between Switzer, Eli, Spencer, Tevin Jones and Johnny Holton.

Legend

User Info Menu

its amazing to think back to the offseason discussion.. with guys on here saying we were "talent deficient" at the WR position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by pittpete; 08-10-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.