Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 272

Thread: 2019 Steelers by position: WR. Are we better off?

  1. #131
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Juju is obviously the exception but the rest of the corp hasn't really done anything, I don't think the difference between "potential" and "accomplished" is splitting hairs it is simply the way it is, we have guys that haven't done much. So right now you have "potential", you do not have "accomplished", until they actually accomplish something. I think they are talented too and I am looking forward to a good year but I can't give them credit for success until I see it.

  2. #132
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    hopefully guys will acknowledge that... just because a guy "hasnt done much"... doesnt mean much in terms of the upcoming season. its exactly the same for every player who just starts out in the league.. gotta start somewhere. As pouncy said about conner last training camp.. "new stars are born every day". i have no doubt there will be a few emerge from this year's group. Honestly WR is among the least of my worries when it comes to this club

  3. #133
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Juju is obviously the exception but the rest of the corp hasn't really done anything, I don't think the difference between "potential" and "accomplished" is splitting hairs it is simply the way it is, we have guys that haven't done much. So right now you have "potential", you do not have "accomplished", until they actually accomplish something. I think they are talented too and I am looking forward to a good year but I can't give them credit for success until I see it.

    AGAIN, we won the SB with ARE as the number 2 guy.
    Moncrief has seasons that are statistically superior than ANY season ARE had. Heck, ROGERS had a statistically better year than ARE asa NUMBER 3 receiver.

    Mocrief is PROVEN better as a receiver than ARE and is undoubtedly a capable number.

    The only "unproven" is whether Washington or the Johnson are even better than a proven capable number 2 caliber receiver in Moncrief.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-16-2019 at 11:54 PM.

  4. #134
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    im afraid we are a little better off than you boys care to admit...and i like how you seeminly put Conner on the "unknowns" list lol
    This post is about WRs. Why are you talking about Connor?

  5. #135
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Here are the alleged positional competitions:

    Wide receiver - Ladies and gents, it's Donte Moncrief at No. 2. Even if James Washington has another great camp, it's Moncrief. He's a vet. Washington is still learning, and he'll receive plenty of playing time anyway. In the slot, I believe the Steelers handed Ryan Switzer the job when they moved his locker over with JuJu Smith-Schuster and Moncrief next to Ben Roethlisberger. The only question is whether they'll keep six, and that will be won - in my opinion - by either Eli Rogers, CFL star Diontae Spencer, or the guy one source said runs the best routes on the team, Trey Griffey. Rookie Diontae Johnson has the No. 5 job locked up. He'll make his move for playing time in-season.

    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...elf-132903958/

  6. #136
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    AGAIN, we won the SB with ARE as the number 2 guy.
    Moncrief has seasons that are statistically superior than ANY season ARE had. Heck, ROGERS had a statistically better year than ARE asa NUMBER 3 receiver.

    Mocrief is PROVEN better as a receiver than ARE and is undoubtedly a capable number.

    The only "unproven" is whether Washington or the Johnson are even better than a proven capable number 2 caliber receiver in Moncrief.
    Show me where I said we couldn't win? The title of the thread is "Are we better off", that remains to be seen.

  7. #137
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    AGAIN, we won the SB with ARE as the number 2 guy.
    Moncrief has seasons that are statistically superior than ANY season ARE had. Heck, ROGERS had a statistically better year than ARE asa NUMBER 3 receiver.

    Mocrief is PROVEN better as a receiver than ARE and is undoubtedly a capable number.

    The only "unproven" is whether Washington or the Johnson are even better than a proven capable number 2 caliber receiver in Moncrief.
    Cap, give me that D and I'm less worried about our O.

    We're a team that will probably need the O to carry us. And we have a bunch of ?s and little too no depth anywhere.

    I get that people don't like AB or Bell, but losing them means we'll likely be worse on O this year.

    Maybe that's OK if the D gets better or if we have fewer picks and fumbles.

    But I think many are deluding themselves thinking that we'll improve because AB was an ass and he left. I think that's possible but unlikely. We'll see when they play the games.

  8. #138
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    AGAIN, we won the SB with ARE as the number 2 guy.
    Moncrief has seasons that are statistically superior than ANY season ARE had. Heck, ROGERS had a statistically better year than ARE asa NUMBER 3 receiver.

    Mocrief is PROVEN better as a receiver than ARE and is undoubtedly a capable number.

    The only "unproven" is whether Washington or the Johnson are even better than a proven capable number 2 caliber receiver in Moncrief.
    Lmao. What does ARE have to do with 2019?

    You crack me up with these SB comparisons that have zero to do with the upcoming year. We don’t have any of those other players from that SB on our roster besides Ben.

  9. #139
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Here are the alleged positional competitions:

    Wide receiver - Ladies and gents, it's Donte Moncrief at No. 2. Even if James Washington has another great camp, it's Moncrief. He's a vet. Washington is still learning, and he'll receive plenty of playing time anyway. In the slot, I believe the Steelers handed Ryan Switzer the job when they moved his locker over with JuJu Smith-Schuster and Moncrief next to Ben Roethlisberger. The only question is whether they'll keep six, and that will be won - in my opinion - by either Eli Rogers, CFL star Diontae Spencer, or the guy one source said runs the best routes on the team, Trey Griffey. Rookie Diontae Johnson has the No. 5 job locked up. He'll make his move for playing time in-season.

    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...elf-132903958/
    I hope you are right about Switzer, but I think he is on the bubble. I like him but there is going to be a real push for his position from Eli Rogers and Diontae Spencer

  10. #140
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    This post is about WR’s. Why are you talking about Connor?
    The thread is about WRs.. However, you inserted yourself into a broader discussion that NB and I were having...

    Here's NB's quote that I responded to.... "We have lots of hope on O, not much proven talent." This statement certainly leads one to believe that NB was talking about the overall talent on Offense, not just WR.

    Then of course you replied..

    If you were speaking specifically of the WR's... you should have stated as much.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •