Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Artie Burns

Cut........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Cut........
    According to whom? I have not read this anywhere. Link?

I read that we are not picking up the fifth year option on his rookie contract for 2020, but he's still under contract to the team in 2019 as far I know.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    According to whom? I have not read this anywhere. Link?

I read that we are not picking up the fifth year option on his rookie contract for 2020, but he's still under contract to the team in 2019 as far I know.
    Yep...You're right

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yep...You're right
    You can delete thread

Legend

User Info Menu

No problem, man...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cut........
    Perhaps this will be true in August. For now Burns is down on the depth chart just like a rook. We've seen the worst of it. If he comes around he'll stick if not then he'll move on. If he is our 5th or 6th corner or released we're a lot better then we were when he was starting.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Perhaps this will be true in August. For now Burns is down on the depth chart just like a rook. We've seen the worst of it. If he comes around he'll stick if not then he'll move on. If he is our 5th or 6th corner or released we're a lot better then we were when he was starting.
    Tomlin's guy cut? LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Tomlin's guy cut? LOL
    FWIW, I think it's stupid to cut a guy on their rookie contract before camp. He's still cheap and can function as depth if nothing else.

We won't pick up his option and I don't think we'll bring him back. But we're pretty thin at CB and we can put him in if we have injury trouble.

I don't think he'll rebound back to his rookie form, but it still might happen. The cost is low and the potential benefit is high. That's the kind of risk-reward profile you want if you have to gamble on players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    FWIW, I think it's stupid to cut a guy on their rookie contract before camp. He's still cheap and can function as depth if nothing else.

We won't pick up his option and I don't think we'll bring him back. But we're pretty thin at CB and we can put him in if we have injury trouble.

I don't think he'll rebound back to his rookie form, but it still might happen. The cost is low and the potential benefit is high. That's the kind of risk-reward profile you want if you have to gamble on players.
    Yup. Unless he is a cancer in the locker room why would you cut him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

Just a hunch---Burns is going to surprise us this year