Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Kevin Colbert Defends Bud Dupree, Steelers’ Presumed Lack Of OLB Depth

Legend

User Info Menu

That about sums it up...
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dupree is fine. 9 mill isn’t a lot for an edge rusher these days.

LMAO at getting no credit for catching an INT and returning it for a TD. We have DB’s who lost games for missing easy INT’s on the last drive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yep. No credit. A 7th grader could have caught that. Dupree is a less than adequate edge rusher who has no nose for the ball and is not an impact player. Only a f’n apologist would still be making excuses for this bust of a first round pick. Enough of the bullsh!t with this cardboard cut out of an end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yep. No credit. A 7th grader could have caught that. Dupree is a less than adequate edge rusher who has no nose for the ball and is not an impact player. Only a f’n apologist would still be making excuses for this bust of a first round pick. Enough of the bullsh!t with this cardboard cut out of an end.
    Well, you have seen we have some Dupree apologist. The guy is a bust to this point. I remember these same guys saying how JJ was going to put it together that final year.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Huey Richardson was a bust.

Alonzo Jackson was a bust.

While Bud Dupree may not have completely lived up to his vast potential as a pass rusher up to this point, he is at least a capable NFL starter, not a complete and total washout bust.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Huey Richardson was a bust.

Alonzo Jackson was a bust.

While Bud Dupree may not have completely lived up to his vast potential as a pass rusher up to this point, he is at least a capable NFL starter, not a complete and total washout bust.
    A more tempered evaluation that I agree with.

The Steelers could, and have done worse at the position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dupree has him in sacks but otherwise is comparable to Jarvis Jones. After 4 years Jones had more ints and forced fumbles. And Dupree has only 3 more tackles than Jones. So I guess calling him a huge disappointment rather than a bust should make everyone feel better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No, Dupree isn't a total bust, but he's really showed himself to be more of a backup/rotational caliber OLB. For $9 million/year, he's not giving us much bang for the buck.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers have a proven track record of being better than average in drafting players. That is something considering g where they draft year after year.

But, full disclosure, I took a look at recent draft AVs compared to historical.
    Prior to Tomlin era the Steelers almost consistently drafted 5 or 6 players per draft class that ended with double digit AVs. More recently that number has dropped to 4. Could be a short term blip, could be a worrying trend in player evaluation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How do folks feel about Watt?

I think Flippy pointed out how Watt is a HOFer vs Cleveland and pedestrian vs the rest of the league.