Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: The alternate universe "who woulda thunk they'd be available" after-draft mock

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I was very surprised that Zach Gentry fell all the way down to the 5th round to us
    This is sooo sarcastically funny.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hopefully the front office was able to diagnose Devin Bush's heart condition correctly...the heart of a champion!!!
    to me, this is key. i think they took a squad full of good football character guys this year. Bush & Snell. Justin Layne has leadership qualities, too. I would imagine some of the other guys killed in interviews - feels like THAT was the theme of this draft.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    to me, this is key. i think they took a squad full of good football character guys this year. Bush & Snell. Justin Layne has leadership qualities, too. I would imagine some of the other guys killed in interviews - feels like THAT was the theme of this draft.
    That seemed to be the overarching theme starting a few years back when we added guys like T.J. Watt, Juju Smith-Schuster, James Conner, etc. and it continued through last year's draft and this past weekend as well.

    Let Cleveland build their team with high-priced, big-headed, stat-hungry divas and guys who kick women when they are on the ground.

    I'm fine building a hardworking, blue collar squad with one singular team goal like we had during our most recent Super Bowl days.

    Build and develop a suffocating defense again and rather than having your offense revolve around fantasy darlings like Brown and Bell, have more a smashmouth edge to it (Bettis/Conner, Hines/Juju, Heath/Vance).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That seemed to be the overarching theme starting a few years back when we added guys like T.J. Watt, Juju Smith-Schuster, James Conner, etc. and it continued through last year's draft and this past weekend as well.

    Let Cleveland build their team with high-priced, big-headed, stat-hungry divas and guys who kick women when they are on the ground.

    I'm fine building a hardworking, blue collar squad with one singular team goal like we had during our most recent Super Bowl days.

    Build and develop a suffocating defense again and rather than having your offense revolve around fantasy darlings like Brown and Bell, have more a smashmouth edge to it (Bettis/Conner, Hines/Juju, Heath/Vance).
    Does this mean Dizz has to root for the Browns?

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This is sooo sarcastically funny.
    Sarcastic? I dont think so.
    Sure the dude runs a 5 second forty but that means he has "deceptive speed" that only happens with pads on!!!!!

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Sarcastic? I dont think so.
    Sure the dude runs a 5 second forty but that means he has "deceptive speed" that only happens with pads on!!!!!
    Well, we won't see any of that "deceptive speed" if the guy doesn't learn how to block effectively first. LOL
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    to me, this is key. i think they took a squad full of good football character guys this year. Bush & Snell. Justin Layne has leadership qualities, too. I would imagine some of the other guys killed in interviews - feels like THAT was the theme of this draft.
    Good call. I didn't see it, but it's hard to deny. That is the way we have always won, and hopefully will going forward.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Does this mean Dizz has to root for the Browns?
    I root for whoever wears the B&G.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Good call. I didn't see it, but it's hard to deny. That is the way we have always won, and hopefully will going forward.
    We win with JH. He broke down a door and attacked the mother of his child.

    Character has nothing to do with winning championships. If it did the Pats would never win.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    We win with JH. He broke down a door and attacked the mother of his child.

    Character has nothing to do with winning championships. If it did the Pats would never win.
    The statement was "football character" guys. That does not speak to "personal" character.
    I read that as guys who give higher priority to team success.

    Everyone rightly has to look at self interests. Understandable.

    But we have been plagued with "selfish" for too long.

    Tomlin spoke of a "cleansing" that the team just had.
    THIS is what I believe he meant.

    BTW, Pats.......high "football character" guys by THAT definition?

    They are PEERLESS my friend.

    It is a big part of WHY they win championships!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •