Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TE

Starter

User Info Menu

TE

Loved the draft but...Might have to snag a lower tier castoff...Like a Maxx Williams type, to have some insurance...

I'm obviously willing to give give Gentry a chance...But with McDonalds injury history...We couldn't possibly roll with Grimble as a starter right?

Any suggestions who would be reasonable to get/ could get/ or want
    Last edited by Disco1981; 04-28-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a question that needs answering.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been thinking Maxx Williams as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

This board was crazy loving max Williams at one time coming out the draft. Now he sits out there and the ď take a TE in the first round of the draftĒ crew hasnít said a peep hardly about him. Lol.

If Max was so great coming out of college , why isnít he considered anything now? Surely we canít judge him by that bum Joe Flacco and the 2 other TEís the Ravens also had. Iíd love to bring Max in once we scrub off all that Ravens crust off of him.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This board was crazy loving max Williams at one time coming out the draft. Now he sits out there and the ď take a TE in the first round of the draftĒ crew hasnít said a peep hardly about him. Lol.

If Max was so great coming out of college , why isnít he considered anything now? Surely we canít judge him by that bum Joe Flacco and the 2 other TEís the Ravens also had. Iíd love to bring Max in once we scrub off all that Ravens crust off of him.
    I think he is an option as well. I am not so sure if he ever lived up to where he was taken in the 2nd round. I think there is a cut off date, where FA signings do not count against the calculated formula for comp picks. And that is where we are waiting on.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, if we bring in Williams, I’d be really happy about that move and the strong possibility of going two TE formations on a more frequent basis.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How about we trade Artie Burns for a guy like Jake Butt (and a late draft pick). The Broncos drafted Fant and have Jeff Heurman and Troy Fumagali on the roster too.

Legend

User Info Menu

We had our sites on Foster Monreau but the Raiders took him 5 picks before us. Monreau was the pick. FO panicked because Gentry wasn’t going to get drafted.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We had our sites on Foster Monreau but the Raiders took him 5 picks before us. Monreau was the pick. FO panicked because Gentry wasn’t going to get drafted.
    I assure you Kevin Colbert didn't panic. While I don't like the choice of Gentry. That Steelers war room is incredibly prepared. They don't panic

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe panicked is the wrong word, but Gentry wasn’t going to be drafted. That’s what everyone has said.