Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So... do you feel good about the safety position after the draft?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

User Info Menu

So... do you feel good about the safety position after the draft?

Well, we didn’t make a selection in the draft at that position. I translate that into meaning that Tomlin and Colbert feel they are fine at that position. But how do you feel about that position? Do you want to stay with this group or are you watching the waiver wire on what veteran safeties get released?

Legend

User Info Menu

At this time, our starting SS is Terrell Edmunds and our starting FS is Sean Davis, plus Mark Barron should be able to function in the hybrid safety/LB "dimebacker" role on passing downs that Morgan Burnett didn't want (especially with Devin Bush being counted upon to be an every down ILB wearing the green communication dot on defense).

I'd say Marcus Allen and Jordan Dangerfield get to battle in Latrobe to see who'll be the primary backup at SS.

With Haden, Nelson, Hilton, Layne, and Burns at CB, it will be interesting to see if they possibly try to see what Cam Sutton and Brian Allen might have if we got a chance to see what they could do possibly competing against each other for a backup FS spot.

Among our AAF signings, the name that intrigued me the most was DB Kameron Kelly, but I think he would have a good chance to possibly stick if given a chance at S in Latrobe as opposed to CB.

Among our UDFA signings, the Askew-Henry kid from WVU would seem to have a solid shot there as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, I feel ok with the safety position. I think Edmunds has a break out year. Davis I’m not sold on but he’s still young and will continue to improve.

Legend

User Info Menu

We needed to draft a FS, IMO. 1) for depth behind David and 2) to potentially replace Davis next year (this is his contract year).

Banned

User Info Menu

I’m hoping we give a look to our undrafted free agents signings. I think Davis is gone after this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Guys like Sutton n even Hilton who can play some S with the ability to be a moving chess piece will help this year. M Allen to me is a hybrid more LB then S. Lets hope both our starters show improvement n stay healthy.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Guys like Sutton n even Hilton who can play some S with the ability to be a moving chess piece will help this year. M Allen to me is a hybrid more LB then S. Lets hope both our starters show improvement n stay healthy.
    How long have we been saying that about Sutton? It’s obvious the front office ( by there non actions) feel that way but we’ll see if Sutton can make it out of camp / preseason healthy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    How long have we been saying that about Sutton? It’s obvious the front office ( by there non actions) feel that way but we’ll see if Sutton can make it out of camp / preseason healthy.
    Well if Sutton gets reps at camp on the back end I'll let you know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Well if Sutton gets reps at camp on the back end I'll let you know.
    Looking forward to your Latrobe reports, IC. Always a major offseason highlight.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we are in much better shape than when Mike Mitchell was back there.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!