Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: So... do you feel good about the safety position after the draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

That could turn into some scary stuff for Davis. Infection could knock him down for weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers safety Terrell Edmunds called the defense against the Chiefs ‘a short-term preview of the type of heat we're trying to bring all season.” Pittsburgh held Patrick Mahomes to 2-of-5 passing for 11 yards in two series. The Steelers knew the Chiefs wouldn't get too creative on offense, but the defense feels healthy and confident.

19h
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Broncos cut Su’a Cravens

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2019, 1:48 PM EDT

Su'a Cravens has reached the end of the road in Denver.

PFT has confirmed that Cravens has been included in the first wave of Broncos roster cuts. A 2016 second-round pick in Washington, Denver acquired him last year via a complicated trade that basically boiled down to a fifth-round pick and change.

Cravens appeared in five games last season after starting the year on injured reserve. In 2017, he landed on the reserve/left squad list after leaving the team, contemplating retirement, and then planning to return before being shut down for the year.

As a rookie, Cravens appeared in 11 games with three starts. He had concussion issues as a rookie. This year, he started three of five preseason games for the Broncos.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/30/broncos-cut-sua-cravens/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowboys early cuts include Darius Jackson, George Iloka

Posted by Charean Williams on August 30, 2019, 3:45 PM EDT

The Cowboys list Darius Jackson as the starting running back. He isn’t and won’t be.

The Cowboys made Jackson among their early cuts, according to Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com.

Rookie Tony Pollard will start until Ezekiel Elliott returns from his contract holdout. The Cowboys also drafted Mike Weber, and they signed veteran Alfred Morris.

The Cowboys also have cut receiver Reggie Davis, linebacker Justin Phillips, safety George Iloka, safety Jameill Showers, offensive tackle Jake Campos, tight end Marcus Lucas, tight end Codey McElroy and kicker Kasey Redfern, per Machota.

The Cowboys signed Iloka in the offseason, hoping he would beat out Jeff Heath. He didn’t, so the Cowboys have moved on.

Iloka, 29, has 79 career starts in seven seasons, although only three came with the Vikings last season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/30/cowboys-early-cuts-include-darius-jackson-george-iloka/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers safety Terrell Edmunds called the defense against the Chiefs Ďa short-term preview of the type of heat we're trying to bring all season.Ē Pittsburgh held Patrick Mahomes to 2-of-5 passing for 11 yards in two series. The Steelers knew the Chiefs wouldn't get too creative on offense, but the defense feels healthy and confident.

19h
    I wanna see it against the cheaters. Tight coverage and harassing Marcia. I'll be ill if we let him pick us apart with time in the pocket and playing 10 yards off of receivers.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we come out playing 10 yard cushion defense on the Wr, then I’ll know how much of a farce this whole off season of defensive prep really was.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If we come out playing 10 yard cushion defense on the Wr, then I’ll know how much of a farce this whole off season of defensive prep really was.
    We did just what you want to see the last time we played and you were just dismissive of it. The Pat's were just bad. No credit whatsoever for a sweet defensive game plan.

Pat's scored 10 points, the lowest of the season.

It doesn't matter what happens, if we win it means the Pats were bad, meaningless unless it is a playoff. If we lose IN FOXBORRO it is terrible coaching.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-30-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We did just what you want to see the last time we played and you were just dismissive of it. The Pat's were just bad. No credit whatsoever for a sweet defensive game plan.

It doesn't matter what happens, if we win it means the Pats were bad, meaningless unless it is a playoff. If we lose IN FOXBORRO it is terrible coaching.
    This is comedy. I love it by the way hahaha.

because its cynical with shades of sarcasm.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Uh you’ve got me confused with someone else. Where was i dismissive of our last win over the pats? You been drinking my friend?

I’m happy we beat those bastards but I’m focused on the up coming game. Different Pats team we are facing now. Gordon is on board along with two other Wr’s so different dynamic now.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 08-30-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    You been drinking my friend?
    Ooh, so judgmental lol