Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So... do you feel good about the safety position after the draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Safety - Do you think Danger's in danger? https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...elf-132903958/
    Dont know if Dangerfield is in Danger......I would love for him to become our first All Pro safety since Troy.
    Not because I love the Steelers

Because he could have a better coverage tagline than "Revis Island"

Please get us 10 plus picks so we can call your coverage (or our secondary as a unit):

"The DANGER zone"

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't it be a Danger FIELD ???
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jalen Thompson works out for 26 teams
    By Charean Williams | Jul 8, 2019, 5:51 PM EDT

Former Washington State safety Jalen Thompson worked out for 26 teams in Los Angeles on Monday, Tony Pauline of draftanalyst.com reports. The Texans sent their director of scouting.

Thompson and former West Virginia receiver Marcus Simms are expected to be drafted in Wednesday’s supplemental draft.

Thompson measured just over 5 feet, 10 inches and weighed 186 pounds with 8 3/8-inch hands and an arm strength of 31 1/4, according to Pauline. He had a 33 1/2 vertical and 40-yard dash times of 4.47 and 4.56, with a 4.16 in the short shuttle and a 6.98 in the three cone.

The Falcons ran Thompson’s position drills.

Thompson met with the Packers after his workout, and the Patriots, Rams, Dolphins, Colts and Cardinals also showed interest in him, per Pauline.

Thompson lost his final year of NCAA eligibility, prompting him to declare for the supplemental draft.

Former Syracuse linebacker Shyheim Cullen, former Saint Francis defensive back Bryant Perry and former junior college tight end Devonaire Clarington also have entered their names in the supplemental draft.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jalen Thompson works out for 26 teams
    By Charean Williams | Jul 8, 2019, 5:51 PM EDT

Former Washington State safety Jalen Thompson worked out for 26 teams in Los Angeles on Monday, Tony Pauline of draftanalyst.com reports. The Texans sent their director of scouting.

Thompson and former West Virginia receiver Marcus Simms are expected to be drafted in Wednesday’s supplemental draft.

Thompson measured just over 5 feet, 10 inches and weighed 186 pounds with 8 3/8-inch hands and an arm strength of 31 1/4, according to Pauline. He had a 33 1/2 vertical and 40-yard dash times of 4.47 and 4.56, with a 4.16 in the short shuttle and a 6.98 in the three cone.

The Falcons ran Thompson’s position drills.

Thompson met with the Packers after his workout, and the Patriots, Rams, Dolphins, Colts and Cardinals also showed interest in him, per Pauline.

Thompson lost his final year of NCAA eligibility, prompting him to declare for the supplemental draft.

Former Syracuse linebacker Shyheim Cullen, former Saint Francis defensive back Bryant Perry and former junior college tight end Devonaire Clarington also have entered their names in the supplemental draft.
    Steelers have never selected anyone in the supplemental draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers have never selected anyone in the supplemental draft.
    Could be a first time this year?

If so, hope they wouldn't spend too high a pick on him. I think he was regarded as about the equivalent of a 4th-round talent. If they could get him for a 5th or 6th rounder, I wouldn't be against taking a chance on this Thompson kid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dont know if Dangerfield is in Danger......I would love for him to become our first All Pro safety since Troy.
    Not because I love the Steelers

Because he could have a better coverage tagline than "Revis Island"

Please get us 10 plus picks so we can call your coverage (or our secondary as a unit):

"The DANGER zone"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Could be a first time this year?

If so, hope they wouldn't spend too high a pick on him. I think he was regarded as about the equivalent of a 4th-round talent. If they could get him for a 5th or 6th rounder, I wouldn't be against taking a chance on this Thompson kid.
    I think he's a 2nd-3rd round talent that we might be able to get by spending our 2020 4th round pick a year early, if we were so inclined. With Davis entering the final year of his rookie deal, I was surprised that we did not draft another safety, so this could be our mulligan on that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cardinals take Jalen Thompson in supplemental draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 10, 2019, 1:53 PM EDT

Former Washington State safety Jalen Thompson is heading to Arizona.

Thompson was chosen by the Cardinals with a fifth-round pick in today’s supplemental draft, according to multiple reports.

A surprise entrant in the supplemental draft after the NCAA stripped him of his eligibility for testing positive for a banned substance, Thompson was viewed by many as a potential second-day pick next year, so getting him with a fifth-round pick seems like a good move. Although he is getting a late start, having missed all of the offseason, if he has a strong preseason he could contribute from Week One as a rookie.

Having used the pick today, the Cardinals now do not have that pick in the regular 2020 draft. (It isn’t currently known whether the Cardinals used their own fifth-round pick or the Dolphins’ fifth-round pick, which they acquired in the Josh Rosen trade.) But the team that had the first overall pick in the regular draft now thinks it has added another talented rookie to its 2019 roster.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/cardinals-take-jalen-thompson-in-supplemental-draft/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Cardinals take Jalen Thompson in supplemental draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 10, 2019, 1:53 PM EDT

Former Washington State safety Jalen Thompson is heading to Arizona.

Thompson was chosen by the Cardinals with a fifth-round pick in today’s supplemental draft, according to multiple reports.

A surprise entrant in the supplemental draft after the NCAA stripped him of his eligibility for testing positive for a banned substance, Thompson was viewed by many as a potential second-day pick next year, so getting him with a fifth-round pick seems like a good move. Although he is getting a late start, having missed all of the offseason, if he has a strong preseason he could contribute from Week One as a rookie.

Having used the pick today, the Cardinals now do not have that pick in the regular 2020 draft. (It isn’t currently known whether the Cardinals used their own fifth-round pick or the Dolphins’ fifth-round pick, which they acquired in the Josh Rosen trade.) But the team that had the first overall pick in the regular draft now thinks it has added another talented rookie to its 2019 roster.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/cardinals-take-jalen-thompson-in-supplemental-draft/
    The infamous "banned substance"

No thanks if he is that kinda guy. Good pass.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The infamous "banned substance"

No thanks if he is that kinda guy. Good pass.
    Hmm... the SB MVP was busted for a banned substance.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal in football unless it was heroin.