Thread: NFL Network

Starter

User Info Menu

NFL Network

" Pittsburgh Steelers are knocking this draft out of the Park"

Agreed...Only pick I " hate " so far is Gentry

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They need to read this board and learn how bad this draft really is.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm seeing lots of praise on the 'net for every one of our picks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    It is amazing how many on this board CONSTANTLY have negative opinions about anything and everything this team does.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    It is amazing how many on this board CONSTANTLY have negative opinions about anything and everything this team does.
    They're not really fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers........

....... that'll get 'em started.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I agree. I thought the sky was falling around us. The Steelers obviously don't value the opinions of fans on message boards. The fools listen to the information and evals of scouts they pay...that is just plain stupid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    That's because they have more information as fans on message boards and are smarter and more talented analysts of football talent...plus they aren't happy unless they find something to be unhappy about. The Bush pick was a killer because it was so hard to be critical about.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-27-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's because they have more information than fans on message boards and are smarter and more talented analysts of football talent...plus they aren't happy unless they find something to be unhappy about. The Bush pick was a killer because it was so hard to be critical about.
    I am going to defend the draft-niks a bit here...

I kind think they are one of the reasons the NFL is still all powerful in the off season...

They spend tons of hours watching film on their favorites
    They spend tons of hours reading the details of their favorites

So when their favorites are available and are not drafted, of course they will be frustrated.

Hell, I admit I am not a draft-nik and sometimes the seemingly randomness of who the Steelers pick in my very limited viewpoint makes me scratch my head.

However, it can be said looking at the past drafts, especially the recent drafts the secondary has been crap. So people including myself are questioning the behvavior.

But I think that's ok.

That being said, I believe the talking heads (on TV) spend more time doing all the things above and moreso. They have access to folks who inform (misinform) so they do have a bit more knowledge than most of us posting.

I can tell you, historically, I am not used to all the accolades being thrown about a Steelers draft. The Steelers never get flamed but it's usually the same old "typical solid Steeler draft. Some reaches but overall solid." by the talking heads.

This year, it seems like a many of them are slobbering over the Steelers draft.

Not sure how to take that...

Brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was it the gay guy who said this??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Was it the gay guy who said this??