Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NFL Network

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This.

Good or bad, instant draft analysis is just guessing.

Drafting is like picking individual stocks. There is some relevant data, but future performance for any of them is a crap shoot.
    I agree that the ultimate judge of a draft is two to three years down the line.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    This analysis lost credibility with this comment. The trade up and Bush pick was the most logical and probably the BEST move of the entire draft.
    I concur; Colbert/Tomlin did a ton of research on the linebacker position. And you've got to think that if they felt that Bush was that valuable, then I just think they have to be right about their assessment of him. I personally have no doubt about what Bush will do now because the due diligence by Colbert I believe in.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    This analysis lost credibility with this comment. The trade up and Bush pick was the most logical and probably the BEST move of the entire draft.
    Also when he said Buggs would be a one-trick pony, a 2 down role player. I wonder if he knows he lead that d-line in sacks?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Also when he said Buggs would be a one-trick pony, a 2 down role player. I wonder if he knows he lead that d-line in sacks?
    It was only Alabama, though, so it's not that impressive.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Let's not forget that our D-Line Coach was his D-Line Coach in college. Think he might know some things?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It'd be great if Buggs made the team and was a viable depth pick. But not sure Dunbar being the coach makes a difference. Last year Joshua Frazier was drafted from Bama and he didn't even make the practice squad.