Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 121

Thread: Zach Gentry, TE

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    if McDonald goes down with an injury this team is in deep doodoo at the TE position

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Another Matt Kranchick.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Overall draft indicates Colbert/Tomlin's mindset for the future of this team. They're not too concerned about getting more pressure on the opposing QB, nor are they worried about having a true center-fielder in the defensive backfield. On offense, indications are it's gonna be an even wider-open passing attack than it has been.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

  4. #14
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, slow, raw and tall. With Warring on the board this was a massive swing and miss.
    Warring was drafted in the 3rd round by the Texans,

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, slow, raw and tall. With Warring on the board this was a massive swing and miss.
    I don’t know what Colbert is seeing.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Overall draft indicates Colbert/Tomlin's mindset for the future of this team. They're not too concerned about getting more pressure on the opposing QB, nor are they worried about having a true center-fielder in the defensive backfield. On offense, indications are it's gonna be an even wider-open passing attack than it has been.
    This tells me that Tomlin is for the most part satisfied in the secondary.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Warring was drafted in the 3rd round by the Texans,
    My bad didn't see that. Still a horrific pick.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don’t know what Colbert is seeing.
    Replacement for JJ because Ben likes tall. He is a poor man's JJ who wasn't good.

  9. #19
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    My bad didn't see that. Still a horrific pick.
    I agree with you there. This might be by least favorite Steeler's draft ever.

  10. #20
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This tells me that Tomlin is for the most part satisfied in the secondary.
    Well...We added Neldon, Layne, and in a way Barron...So it was addressed, Not neglected imo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •