Legend

User Info Menu

BREAKING: NE Starting Center Has Clot

Per Schefter on NFLN.. clot found in Andrew's lung

Could miss significant time.

dangerous stuff... wish him well

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish him a full and speedy recovery, hope he's well by Week 2...

Legend

User Info Menu

Been there done that not fun at all, plus very painful. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Been there done that not fun at all, plus very painful. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
    you've had blood clots? I've heard they are very dangerous...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you've had blood clots? I've heard they are very dangerous...
    Yeah blood clots to the lungs, I was in the hospital for 4 days I can’t remember how long I was off work. ( a couple of weeks I think) I do remember how bad it hurt though.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 08-27-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Yeah blood clots to the lungs, I was in the hospital for 4 days I can’t remember how long I was off work. ( a couple of weeks I think) I do remember how bad it hurt though.
    so did they give you blood thinners to dissolve the blood clots or did they have to operate?

Legend

User Info Menu

so did they give you blood thinners to dissolve the blood clots or did they have to operate?
    The surgeon was a fordfixerfixer.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Blood thinners, did injections in the stomach for the first few weeks then switched to a pill now I take 81mg of aspirin daily.

Molon labe

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The surgeon was a fordfixerfixer.
    There’s no fixen FordFixer.

Molon labe

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, a pulmonary embolism is life threatening dangerous. All sorts of options for treatment depending on the cause of clot. Lovenox is what was used in fordfixer. And that is usually the blood thinner of choice early in treatment but heparin is also still used. Scary stuff. Good lesson for us all...most commonly they start in the calf and migrate after being idle too long...ie long flight. Get up and stretch the legs every couple hours. Those with clotting factor disorders that cause clotting abnormalities are usually on thinners for life. And I can not imagine any doctor clearing this center for football while on a blood thinner. So, depending on the source this could be a career ender for the center.