Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Zach Gentry, TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    he is going to be a good player
    That was a fun play to watch.

When they drafted him, my jaw dropped on his size alone. But I never read many glowing reports on the pick. If his hands remain as reliable as that, he'll be very productive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Gentry is going to work out well for us.

I’m one of those old school guys who doesn’t want to spend first round picks on TE’s anytime soon unless he is truly special.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Impressive catch radius for sure. Dude's already 6'8". He appears to be on his tiptoes in the picture, which should bring him up to roughly 7 feet. Plus he is at least a good foot off the ground in the picture, and the ball is at least 2 feet above his head, so that ball is at least 10 feet high when he snags it. Too bad we can't see the goalpost in the picture for some perspective of how that pass actually was. If that play were closer to the center of the field, the pass would have likely doinked off the crossbar had Gentry not made the catch.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think Gentry is going to work out well for us.

I’m one of those old school guys who doesn’t want to spend first round picks on TE’s anytime soon unless he is truly special.
    I think the Hockenson kid drafted one spot ahead of us in the draft could be truly special, well-rounded TE in the mold of Heath Miller or Jason Witten (not nearly as big of a fan of his college running mate Fant, who the Broncos took with our original pick at #20...too one dimensional for my taste). But Bush was a bigger immediate need for us. It remains to be seen what the TE crop looks like next year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.